Facts and Events
||Nicholas Imhoff, Jr
||Switzerland Area of Wadenswil
||Rock Island, Rock Island, Illinois
||15 Jul 1874
||Rock Island, ILto Susan McLuen
||Rock Island, Rock Island, Illinois, United States
||Rock Island Ward 4, Rock Island, Illinois
||17 Feb 1916
||Chicago, Cook, Illinois, United States
||17 Feb 1916
||Rock Island IL
||18 Feb 1916
||Rock Island, Illinois, United States
Family Group No. 30. This information obtained from family bible: R. C. Snyder (Margaret), Rock Island IL. Census 1860 & 1900; Death records Rock Island Courthouse, Cem. records Rock Island Chippiannock & R. I. Argus 1893 death notice: Compiler: J. Bentley, Gladstone Oregon, dated 8/23/1983. [Entered by Wilma T.]
- Father's full name was Nicholas Imhof, b. 27 Dec 1826 in Switzerland, d. 26 May 1893 in Rock Island IL., Chippiannock Cemetery, Rock Island IL. Places of Residence: Switzerland, New York, N.Y. & Rock Island Ill. His occupation was listed as Stone Mason.
- Mother's name was Madeline (Martha) Lena [Bleuer], b. @1826 in Switzerland and d. @1874 in Rock Island Co. IL. Burial in Chippiannock Cemetery.
Their children are listed as the following:
- Anna (Lizzie) Elizabeth Imhoff, b. @1849 in Switzerland and d. 25 Oct. 1873 at the age of 24 years. Buried in Chippiannock Cem.
- Second child was Nicholas Jr. that married Susan. Nicholas was b. Oct. 1851 in Switzerland, m. 1874 and d. 17 Feb. 1916 in Rock Island & buried in Chippiannock Cem. Susan was b. May 1858 & d. 1923, she was b. in Ireland.
- The third child was Rose Imhoff and she m. Andrew Etzel. Rose was b. 12 Oct 1852 in New York, N.Y., m. 4 Feb 1874 in Rock Island and d. 2 May 1930 & is buried in Memorial Cemetery in Rock Island, IL.
- The fourth child is John Imhof and he m. Christine. John was b. @1858 in Rock Island, m. 1882, and d. 28 June 1930 & is buried in Chippiannock Cem. Christine was b. @1861 & d. 18 Aug 1943.
- The fifth child was Mary & she m. Charles Bysinger. Mary was b. @1860 in Rock Island Co. IL, m. 1881 and death unknown.
- The sixth child was Jacob & he m. Anna. Jacob was b. @1862 in Rock Island Co., m. 1891 & d. 9 May 1940 & is buried in Chippiannock Cemetery. Anna was b. @1871 & d. 16 Sep 1938.
- The seventh child was William and he was b. 1867 in Rock Island & d. 23 Feb. 1899 in Rock Island & is buried in Chippiannock Cem.
- The eighth child was Minnie, b. 1865, m. 1882 to Ferdinal Holdorf;
- the ninth child was Lena, b. 1868, m. 1888 to Thomas Lynch
- and the tenth child was Rachael b. 1870 & m. 1890 to George Young.
[There are no death dates listed for the last three children.]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 United States. 1900 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T624), Primary quality.
Year: 1900; Census Place: Rock Island Ward 4, Rock Island, Illinois; Roll: T623_339; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 116.
Birth date: Oct 1851
Birth place: Switzerland
Residence date: 1900
Residence place: Rock Island Ward 4, Rock Island, Illinois
Arrival date: 1852
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 United States. 1880 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Year: 1880; Census Place: Rock Island, Rock Island, Illinois; Roll: T9_246; Family History Film: 1254246; Page: 513.4000; Enumeration District: 254; Image: 0273.
Birth date: abt 1852
Birth place: Switzerland
Residence place: Rock Island, Rock Island, Illinois, United States
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 United States. 1860 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Year: 1860; Census Place: Rock Island, Rock Island, Illinois; Roll: M653_222; Page: 0; Image: 410.
Birth date: abt 1850
Residence date: 1860
Residence place: Rock Island, RockIsland, Illinois
- ↑ Dodd, Jordan (compiler), and Liahona Research. Marriages, 1790-1860.
Marriage date: 14 Jul 1874
Marriage place: RockIsland, IL
Illinois Sec of State database
IMHOFF, NICHOLAS MCCLUEN, SUSAN 1874-07-14 00D/0009 00008949 ROCK ISLAND
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Chicago (Illinois). Board of Health. Chicago, Illinois death certificates, 1916-1922. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1982-1983, 1986).
Certificate and Record of Death No. 5379 Department of Health, City of Chicago.
Name: Nicholas Imhof, M W Married, birthplace: Switzerland; dob: unknown, age 69, d. Feb. 17, 8 am.
Retired from 1906 to 1916. Occupation Stone Mason; place of death: 4707 West End Ave. Lived there 3 years. Place of burial: Rock Island IL, DoBurial: Feb. 18, 1916. Cause of death: Cardiac failure Birthplace of father and mother: Switzerland
- Unknown Chicago Newspaper, Feb 1816.
Obit. Nicholas Imhoff, aged 69, who had been a resident of Rock Island a half century before his removal to Chicago eight years ago, died in the latter city today. Mr. Imhoff had been ailing for some time He is survived by his wife, four sons, Ben and Charles, Davenport, and Roger and George of Chicago; two brothers, John and Jacob, Rock Island and three sisters. The funeral will be held Saturday afternoon at 2 o'clock from 412 Fourth avenue, this city. Chicago newspaper