Facts and Events
Nicholas Carper was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- Carper, Nicholas - Will Probate May 1813
- Names wife Elizabeth and children Jacob, Benjamin, Elizabeth Harvey, Mary McFerran, Joseph, Sally Holestine and Isaac
- [Source: Early Marriages, Wills and some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia, Compiled by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 54].
- Nicholas Carper, a son of Jacob Carper, was born about 1749 and died in Botetourt County VA in 1813. He married Elizabeth Harvey. The family moved from western MD to Botetourt County VA about 1778 and Nicholas is first mentioned in Court records in that county on May 14, 1779. On October 31, 1782, Nicholas was recruited to serve as a member of the Botetourt County VA militia "for three years or until the end of the war."
- Nichols is listed on a monument to Revolutionary War veterans at the Sinking Springs Presbyterian Church at Fincastle, VA.
- [Citation: http://hackerscreek.com/norman/CARPER.htm].