Facts and Events
Nicholas Brock was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of Nicholas Brock in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - List of Musters in Augusta County, 1742: Capt. James Gill's List: James Gill, Captain; John Dobbin, Lieutenant; Wm. Sharrel, Bons Harding, Wm. Welling, John Johnson, John Wilkins, George Furbush, Barnabee McHenery, Rick Dictum, Dan Murley, Nicola Brock, Martin Shoemaker, John Howlain, And. Holman, George Legler, Joseph Dunham, Timothy Taylor, George Willes, Sam Brown, John Cumberland, Sam Beason, James Spencer, Wm. Prickett, Wm. Hall, Wm. McClain, Michael Brock, Thos. West, Wm. Sames, Cornelius Murley, Nicol Cain, Henery Brock, John Fisher, Thos. Wilkins, Joseph Harding, John Ryal, Abram Dunblederey, Riley Moor, Fraderich Brock, John McClairn, William Sharrle, Sr.; William Sharrle, Jr.
- Vol. 1 - MAY 12, 1746. - (45) Nicholas Brock summoned on complaint of Val. Sevear.
- Vol. 1 - JUNE 18, 1746. - (49) William Brock to be bound to Valentine Sevear. (Note: William Brock was apparently the son of Nicholas, born est. 1738-1740 according to some sources).
- Page 144.--20th February, 1750-51. Sale of personalty of Mathias Shaw, by James Nicholas, executor--Recorded 18th May, 1762, viz: Sold to Jno.Craig, Wm. Frazier, Jas. Downey, Jno. Love, David Nelson, Henry Dooley, William Craig, Bernard Man, Joseph Wait, Saml. Muncy, Joseph Muncy, Casper Faught, Owen Reed, Joseph Wait, Jacob Harmon, Jno. Stevenson, Jacob Nicholas, Peter Herman, James Beard, Cathrine Pence, Michael Cam, William Williams. 5th May, 1755--2d sale, to viz: Jacob Nicholas, Henry Dooley, David Nelson, Peter Miller, Conrad Kimsley, Catrine Shawp (3 books), Michael Cam, Francis Kirtley, Jno. Davison, Margaret Shawp, Jno. Davis, Charles Man, Joseph Cravens, Jno. Couch, Robt. Craig, Jacob Courtsious, Simon Powell, Geo. Cam, Henry Long, Evan Evans, Conrad Backfish, Patrick Wilson, Jno. Hetrick, Nicholas Brock, George, Robert, and widow Scott. By sundries received of the estate of the deceased Jacob Pence.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 29, 1751. - (186) Peter Cartner complains that Mary Freedly, admx. of her decd. husband's estate, is since married to Nicholas Brock, and they waste the estate. Counter security ordered. (Note: record proves second marriage of Nicholas).
- Page 201.--Estate of William Burk--Debts recovered 1754 and articles sold; to James Neal, John Harman, Nicholas Brook, Margaret Douglass, Christian Grubb, Thomas Smith, Sarah Stern, Daniel Sink, Stephen Johnston, Saml. Thornhill, Jeremiah Earley, Andrew Scott, David Logan, John Early.
- Chalkley's Chronicles