Facts and Events
Neil Cassity was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Estate Records of Neil Cassity
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 18, 1767. - (216) John Casaty to be summoned to show cause why he does not qualify on estate of father, Neil Casaty. (216) James Casaty to be bound to Michael Kirkham. Patrick Casaty to be bound to Wm. McBride.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 17, 1767. - (339) John Cassaty, aged 16, orphan of Neil Cassaty, chose Saml. Davis his guardian. Samuel Davis qualifies administrator of Neil Cassaty.
- Page 51.--17th November, 1767. Samuel Davis' bond as guardian to James Casety, orphan of Neil Casety.
- Page 51.--17th November, 1767. Samuel Davis' bond (with Richd. Woods) as administrator of Neil Casaty.
- Page 111.--26th November, 1767. Neal Cassedy's estate appraised--One souz press.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 18, 1768. - (335) Peter Cassaty, orphan of Neal Cassaty, to be bound to Saml. Wallace, to learn trade of carpenter.
Records of Neil Cassity in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 523.--10th November, 1752. James Wood, of Frederick, to James Gillmer, 400 acres patented to Wood, 12th January, 1746. Buffalo Creek of North Fork of James. Teste: James Hemphill, Neal Cassaty.
- Page 1.--15th May, 1767. James Davis' estate appraised, by Jno. McCollon et als. Neal Casedy's bond; Martha Goldbreath; Robt. Shannan's bond; bonds of, viz: Jno. Neeley, Jno. Wiley, Andw. Smithers, Moses Coiler (Collier?).
- Chalkley's Chronicles
Help fund new features!