"(10) Nathaniel married Joanna Davis, and lived where his son Stoten resides; he died January 22, 1863; she died January 14, 1867. Their children were Oliver, Miles, Nancy B., Esteher Y., Nathaniel, Lydia S., Stephen S., George W., Stoten D., and Francis E.
Oliver married Sarah Ham of Dover, and lives near Freeman Hall. Their children are Melissa A., Alonzo F., Oliver B., Sarah J., Esther Y., Lydia P., Nathaniel H., Henry B., and Wlater S.
Miles Married Lucinda Davis, and lives on the Paul-Davis farm on the Gee-big Road. Their children are Lorenzo D., George W., Shephard F., Ambrose J., Joseph E., Orman B., Lorenzo J., and Granville.
Nancy B. married Moses Davis, September 18, 1832, and their children are Amanda J., Eliza A., and Sarah E.
Nathaniel married Martha A. Ham of Dover, June 19, 1836, lives on the Gee-big Road; and their children are Albert H., Lucy C., Mary F., Joseph E., Charles I.
Lydia S. married James M. Haines, December 3, 1834; and died November 22, 1807, in Auburn; their Children being George K., Lydia J., John E., Charles E., and Emma A.
Stephen S. married Mary G. Watson, October 17, 1841, lives in Portsmouth; children : William R., CHarles C., Vienna H., Mary A., Frank, Emma, CHarles F., Stephen B., and Elmer E.
Stoten D., born April 26, 1823, married May 12, 1846, Elizabeth J. Taylor, born March 18, 1821, daughter of Joseph Taylor of Northwood; they live on the homestead; have one son, Henry O., born September 28, 1847, married November 18, 1869, Nettie T. Cummings of Dover, born Agust 3, 1848; resides on the homestead with his father; have one son, Louis A., born Stepember 2, 1873.
Frances E., born November 11, 1825, married David H. Watson, and they have three children, Harriet A., Alvinza, and Abbie J.
The Tuttles mostly settled in the neighborhood of what is known as Tuttles's Corner, where they have a store, a pleasant hall, erected a few years since, known as Freeman's Hall, used for a place of worship for the Freewill Baptists on the sabbath, and for the meetings of a lodge of Odd Fellows. Gee-big Road is here, over which much ship timber was drawn in the early period of the town's history. The neigborhood called "Chebucto" is so called from the name of an Indian, once a chief of a tribe in this vicinity. There was a mill near Charles Batchelders mill, known as the Chebucto Mill."