Facts and Events
||Augusta County, Virginia[based on being of age to witness 1766 Deed]
||19 Aug 1766
||Augusta, Virginia, United Stateswitness to Deed
||20 Nov 1766
||Augusta, Virginia, United Statesbuys 246 a from William Hall, father
||27 Dec 1772
||Botetourt, Virginia, United Statesnamed in Will of William Hall, father
||27 Dec 1785
||Augusta, Virginia, United States1766 Deed delivered
||aft Sep 1793
||[she is the widow McTeer]
to Elizabeth Thankful Doak
- pos birth = 13 Mar 1749/50 in Albemarle County, VA. Source = OLT. Proof needed.
- cos1776 Note, Dec 2015: This time/place is highly unlikely. Nathaniel Hall is witness to his father's 1766 Deed, thereby placing his birthdate bef 1745, and all known records for his father are found Orange and Augusta (later Botetourt in 1769) counties.
- pos spouse = Elizabeth Thankful (Doak) Meteer, widow of James Meteer. Source = OLT. Proof needed.
- cos1776 Note, Dec 2015: this family is currently attached to this page, but it does not seem likely. James Meteer, first husband of Elizabeth, died abt 1793 [WB 8:66]. Research in progress.
- pos death = 16 Oct 1833 in Hall Farm, Sullivan, Tennessee. Source = OLT. Proof needed.
- pos burial = unmarked grave in the Old Hall Cemetery that lies under present day Boone Lake in Tennessee after the Tennessee Valley Authority built a dam and flooded the land in 1952. Source = OLT. Proof needed.
Possible record matches for verification and proper citation
Early Eastern TN Taxpayers:
- 1787 Nathaniel Hall - Wash Co. TN 200 A. - 1 White Poll Tax
- 1805 Nathaniel Hall - Greene Co. TN
- ↑ Will Abstract of William Hall, Secondary quality.
HALL, WILLIAM. Botetourt County, Virginia. 27 Dec 1772. 8 Feb 1773.
Children: Andrew Hall, Agnes Berry, John Hall, Isable Buchanan, William Hall, Nathaniel Hall, James Hall,
Exe: son [in law] George Berry
Wit: Joseph Walker, John Thompson, Andrew Mackinley
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Property Records - Augusta County, Virginia, in Chalkley, Lyman. Chronicles of the Scotch-Irish settlement in Virginia: Extracted from the Original Court Records of Augusta County, 1745-1800. (Rosslyn, Virginia: The Commonwealth Printing Company, 1912-1913 in Three Volumes), Secondary quality.
Page 109.--19th August, 1706 (prob. 1766). William ( ) Hall and Jannet ( ) to James Hall, their son, £5, 150 acres in Forks of James; corner James Todd, Samuel McMurtree's line, Maryan Crafford's line. Teste: John Milliken. John Moore, Nathaniel Hall.
20 Nov. 1766 - page 123 - William ( ) Hall to Nathaniel Hall, his son, 40£, 246 acres.
Teste: James Simson, Wm. Gillespy.
Delivered: Nathaniel Hall, 27th Dec 1785.