- H. Capt. Moses Bradstreet1643 - 1690
- W. Sarah Platts1654 - bef 1697
m. aft 18 Mar 1683/84
Facts and Events
||Capt. Moses Bradstreet
||Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts, United States
||11 Mar 1661
||Ipswich, Essex, Massachusetts, United Statesto Elizabeth Harris (add)
||aft 18 Mar 1683/84
||to Sarah Platts
||17 Aug 1690
||Rowley, Essex, Massachusetts, United States
||18 Aug 1690
||26 Sep 1690
||Rowley Burial Ground, Rowley, Essex, Massachusetts, United States
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Humphrey Bradstreet, in Anderson, Robert Charles; George F. Sanborn; and Melinde Lutz Sanborn. The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England, 1634-1635. (NEHGS, 1999-2011), 1:387.
Moses (Bradstreet), b. about 1643 (deposed aftd "about thirty-six years" for November court 1679 [EQC 7:291]).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 25-7. Capt. Moses 2 Bradstreet, in Jewett, Amos Everett, [Editor], and George Brainard [Compiler] Blodgette. Early Settlers of Rowley, Massachusetts: A Genealogical Record of the Families who Settled in Rowley before 1700 with Several Generations of their Descendants. (Rowley, Mass.: Amos Everett Jewett (Newcomb & Gauss Co., Printers, Salem, Mass.), 1933), 34-35.
Capt. Moses 2 Bradstreet, born in Ipswich, ____, 1643; … He was a member of Rowley Church and Capt. of the Rowley Military Company. His gravestone is the oldest in Rowley cemetery. … His will, dated 16 Aug., 1690, mentions wife (unnamed), so that "all the estate real & personal of hers & her children by her former husband be at her disposal" and that she have additional estate for bringing up "our young son Jonathan"; son John who is to have one half the farm, "Yt was my Father Broadstreet's"; son Moses to have the other half of the farm and all the buildings; son John to have £20 and "the share in the ship he goes to sea in" instead of one-half the buildings; son Humphrey to have land in Rowley; son Nathaniel to have one-half the lands in Haverhill; son Jonathan to have the other half the lands in Haverhill; daughters Bridget and Hannah (Essex Probate, 304:283). The inventory, taken 26 Sept., 1690, shows estate of £1257-2s.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Descendants of Humphrey Bradstreet", in Perley, Sidney, ed. Essex Antiquarian. (Salem, Mass.: Essex Antiquarian), 11:57.
Children of Humphrey and Elizabeth Bradstreet: 6) Moses, b. abt. 1644, d. 17 Aug 1690, m. 11 Mar 1661 Elizabeth Harris. "He had a wife in 1690 who had children by a former husband", so apparently married again.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Rowley, Essex, Massachusetts, United States. Vital Records of Rowley, Massachusetts, to the End of the Year 1849. (Salem, Massachusetts: Essex Institute, 1928-1931), 1:445.
BRADSTREET, Moses (Bradstreett), Capt., Aug. 17, 1690, in his 47th y. GR1
[Age 46, so birth about 1644. GR1=Rowley Cemetery]
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Capt Moses Bradstreet, in Find A Grave.