Facts and Events
Will Extract of Moses Allen
- Allen, Moses. Probate March 1812. Names wife, Lycia, and children: Polly Biggs, wife of John; Rebecca Byrd, wife of William; Malcolm (wife, Alice), and John (with wife, Martha). [Source: Early Marriages, Wills and some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia, Compiled by Anne Lowry Worrell].
Information on Moses Allen
5. MOSES ALLEN (MALCOM1) was born October 09, 1750, and died 1812 in in Botetourt Co., VA. He married LYDIA. She died 1833 in Botetourt Co., VA.
Notes for MOSES ALLEN:
Born either BOTETOURT or PRINCE EDWARD CO. , 9 Oct. 1750: Moses Allen and Elizabeth Allen. [Source: Allen Family Bible. VaStLib].
- 11 Aug. 1786 Moses Allen appointed constable succeeding John Allen. Source: Summers' Annals of SW VA, 1:414.
- 10 April 1805: Botetourt Co., Marriage - William Byrd and Rebecca Allen; consent: Moses Allen, father. Bond: Andrew Hamilton; witnesses: Andrew Hamilton, Edward Compton.
- 1810: Botetourt Co., Census 1810 pg. 602 - Moses Allen: males: 26-45 yrs., 1; 45+ yrs., 1; females: 16-26 yrs., 2; 45+ yrs., 1; slaves 9. Source: Hampton Lib., microfilm 66.
- 29 June 1809/pro.11 March 1812: Botetourt Co., Sources: Will Bk. B, pg. 283 [VaStLib]
- Botetourt Co. Wills; Page: Bk. A, pg. 311-312
- Burial: Bef. March 11, 1812, Allen Cemetery on Allen-King-Carter Farm, Oriskany area. Oriskany, Botetourt Co. [Source: Botetourt Co. History Bef. 1900; Cemetery Records, pg 51-52, #2265-2268.]
Children of MOSES ALLEN and LYDIA are:
- i. JOHN ALLEN, b. Bet. 1775 - 1776, Botetourt Co., VA; m. PLACENTIA VANMETER, July 14, 1835, Botetourt Co., VA; b. Abt. November 1775, Botetourt Co., VA; d. September 20, 1855, Botetourt Co., VA.
- ii. MALCOLM ALLEN, b. Abt. 1780; d. Bef. July 1836, Botetourt Co., VA; m. ALICE VANCE, February 14, 1801, Bath Co., VA.
- iii. MARY ALLEN, b. Bef. 1786; d. Aft. June 29, 1809; m. JOHN BIGGS, February 26, 1807, Bath Co., VA; b. Bef. 1786; d. February 26, 1807.
- iv. JANE ALLEN, b. Bef. 1790; d. Aft. 1840; m. ROBERT WALKER, January 08, 1811, Botetourt Co., VA.
- v. REBECCA ALLEN (MOSES2, MALCOM1) was born November 24, 1786, and died January 18, 1851 in probably Pocahontas Co., VA. She married WILLIAM WALLACE BYRD. He was born October 03, 1779, and died December 23, 1868.
Notes for REBECCA ALLEN: William Byrd, wife Rebecca Byrd, decd. Botetourt Co. Wills, Moses Allen, "daughter Rebecca Byrd, "Byrd Family Bible: "Rebecca Allen, the companion of William Byrd." Death date: 18 Jan. 1851. Place of death: probably Pocahontas Co. [Based on residence in Pocahontas Co. at 1850 Census]. [Sources: Worrell's Early Marriage; Wills, Bath Co. Deaths Page: VaStLib, reel 3, pg. 106, # 1]
Help fund new features!