b.31 Oct 1908
d.29 Jun 1926
Facts and Events
||31 Oct 1908
||7 Dec 1910
||New York City, New York, United States
||1 Jun 1915
||Bronx, New York, United States429 Barrette
||Lisbon, New London, Connecticut, United StatesRiver Road (farm)
||1 Jun 1925
||New York, New York, United States340 East 22 Street
||29 Jun 1926
||Lincoln Memorial Park Cemetery, Portland, Multnomah, Oregon, United StatesPlot: Evergreen Section
Miecyslaw sailed from Hamburg, Germany on 25 November 1910, and arrived at Ellis Island on 7 December 1910 aboard the S.S. President Grant.
He traveled with Stefan (who is likely an uncle), and brothers Alfred, Klemmens, and Emanuel. They would be joining their father, Josef, at 506 E. 17th St., New York.
The ship manifest states their brother Wilhelm Smerczensky remained in Czernowitz.
- ↑ New York, New York, United States. Passenger and Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at New York, NY, 1897-1957. (National Archives Microfilm Publication T715).
- ↑ New London, Connecticut, United States. 1920 U.S. Census Population Schedule, ED 253, sheet 9A, Primary quality.
Smerechansky Clements, head, 17, b New York, father b Germany, mother b Poland Russia
William, brother, 15, b New York, father b Germany, mother b Poland Russia
Manuel, brother, 13, b New York, father b Germany, mother b Poland Russia
Mitchel, brother, 11, b New York, father b Germany, mother b Poland Russia
"United States Census, 1920," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MCNT-LSR : accessed 01 Dec 2014), Mitchel Smerechansky in household of Clements Smerechansky, Lisbon, New London, Connecticut, United States; citing sheet 9A, family 177, NARA microfilm publication T625, National Archives and Records Administration, Washington D.C.; FHL microfilm 1820196.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 New York, State Census, 1925, Primary quality.
Smerchansky Joseph, head, 38, b Austria, 18 years in US, naturalized NY 1912, cabinet mkr
Mary, wife, 41, b Austria, 18 years in US, housewife
Emanuel, son, 18, b ship, cabinet mkr
Mitchell, son, 16, b US, ship worker
Joseph, son, 14, b US
Virginia, dau, 11, b US
David, son, 10, b US
Lillian, dau, 7, b US
Mae, dau, 5, b US
Dorothy, dau, 3, b US
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Mitchell Smerchansky, in Find A Grave.
Beloved son of
Joseph & Mary
Oct 31, 1908
June 29, 1926
- ↑ State of Oregon, and Ancestry.com. Oregon Death Index, 1903-1998.
Name: Smerchansky, Mitchell
Death Date: 29 Jun 1926
- ↑ Mitchell Smerky , in New York, State Census, 1915.
Smerky Mitchell; Son; W; M; 6; Austria; 4; Al; School