Facts and Events
Michael Seifert (Seyfert, Seyford, Seyvert) was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of Michael Seyvert in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1789--April 10, John Rutherford and Catherine Syfort, daughter of Michael Syfort (consent); witnesses, Michael Garber, Jr., Thomas Bratton; surety, Michael Garber, Jr.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1796---June 25. Abraham Teebo and Michael Syford surety. Abraham Teebo and Polly Syford, daughter of said Michael Syford.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1799--November 12, Michael Syford and James McGongal, surety. Michael Syford, widower, and Catherine Tennant, widow of John Tennant, deceased.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage in Augusta County - 1799, By Rev. William King: November 12th, Michael Syford and Catherine Tenant.
Relationship to John Sibert? (needs research)
- Page 345.--21st March, 1769. John Sibert (Sciber), late of North Carolina, but now of North Carolina (?), son of Andrew Sibert, deceased, binds himself apprentice to Jacob ( ) Archenbright, to be taught the trade, occupation or science of a blacksmith, which Jacob now useth, until he is 21, John being now 16 years and 6 months. Delivered: John Siber, May, 1774.
Page 345 of What? Would like to reference this info. Thanks.
Help fund new features!