Facts and Events
||bef. 17 February 1762
||Augusta County, Virginia
Michael Rhine was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Estate Records of Michael Rhine
- Vol. 1 - Page 114.--17th February, 1762. Sebastian Hover's bond (with Francis Kirtley), as administrator of Michael Ryan.
- Page 323.--4th March, 1762. Michael Rhine's (Ryan) estate appraised.
- Page 324.--22d March, 1764. Michael Rhine's vendue recorded--To Nicholas Havener, Henry Flesher, Jacob Rolman, Frederick Opp, Thos. Miller, John Davis, Adam Stroud, Henry Stone. Castle Hover, Wm. Robinson, Jacob Bour, Paslin Hover, Elizabeth Rhine, Leonard Props, Jno. Dunkle, Peter Smith, Geo. Bush, Nicholas Summers, Mark Swatley, Henry Pickle, Francis Evick, Leonard Simmons.
- Page 325.--22d March, 1764. Sebastian (Bosten) Hover's settlement of estate of Michael Rhine (Ryan) recorded--Paid Elizabeth Hope. (Note: was Elizabeth Michael's wife who had re-married, or possibly a daughter?).
Records of Michael Rhine in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 28, 1750. - (423) Abraham Vanderpool, Mathew Uter, Abell Westfall, Anthony Bogard, George Osburn, Jeremiah Osburn, Jeremiah Osburn, Jr., John Osburn, James Simson, Jacob Westfall, Leonard Neiff, John Westfall, Hermanus Skout, Anthony Reger, Anthony Reger, Jr., Michael Rhyne, Peter Reed, George West, Thomas Iax, Robert Graham, added to list of tithables.
- Page 330.--24th March, 1764. Henry Horse's vendue bill recorded-- To Charles Kilpatrick, Jno. Water, Jno. Malkem, Jas. Reyburn, Danl. Love, Chas. Dever, Edward McGarry, Wm. Dyer, Sarah Nare, Ezrah Shipman, Roger Dyer, Jno. Dunkell, Michael Props, Benj. Scott, Peter Nare, Elizabeth Wilfong, Henry Wagener, Christian Goose, Michael Rhine (Ryan), Adam Roudenboush, Michl. Mallow, James Knox, George Scott, Peter Smith.