- Michael Ochiltree1745 - 1815
Facts and Events
Michael Ochiltree was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of Michael Ochiltree
- Page 456.--20th December, 1807. Michael Ocheltree's will, Sr.--To wife, Mary Eliot, otherwise Ocheltree; to son-in-law, Wm. Young; son-in-law, Joseph Lowery. Executors, Wm. Young and wife, Mary Eliot, alias Ocheltree. Teste: James Allison, John Dickey, Francis Brown. Proved, 27th February, 1815, by Francis Brown, and 27th March, 1815, by Allison. Wm. Young qualifies.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2. Marriage Bond: 1798---August 24 Joseph Lowry and James Lowery, Surety. Joseph Lowry and Ann Ougheltree, of age, daughter of Michael Ougheltree.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond: 1801--November 7, William Young, Jr., and Wm. Young, Sr., surety. William Young, Jr., and Rachel Ocheltree, daughter of Michael Ocheltree, Sr. (consent). Teste: James Young, Michael Ocheltree. Signed, Michl. Ougheltree, Sr.
- Vol. 2 - 23d January, 1810--Michael Ochiltree, administrator of Wm. Young.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Railey, Clementine Brown. History of the house of Ochiltree of Ayrshire, Scotland: with the genealogy of the families of those who came to America and of some of the allied families, 1124-1916. (Sterling, Kan.: Bulletin Print. Co., 1916), pg. 128-130.
Help fund new features!