d.BEF MAR 1772
Facts and Events
||to Mary Unknown
||BEF MAR 1772
Michael O'Donald was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Estate Records of Michael O'Donald
- Page 66.--21st November, 1767. Mary O'Donnal's bond (with Jno. Buchanan, Thos. Stewart) as administratrix of Michl. O'Donnal.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 21, 1767. - (373) Mary O'Donald qualified admx. of her deceased husband, Michael O'Donald. Appraisers, Isaac White, John McClure, Saml. and Wm. Black.
- Page 343.--31st October, 1768. Michael O'Donley's estate, appraised by John McClure, Saml. Black, Wm. Black.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 20, 1772. - (338) William Campbell, security for Mary Donald (admx. of husband, Michael O'Donald, since intennarried with John Adair), counter security.--Division between the orphans of Michael ordered.
- Page 9.--20th August, 1772. Thomas Stewart's bond (with George Mathews, David Henderson) as guardian to Charles O'Donald, orphan of Michael O'Donald.
- Page 109.--17th August, 1773. Walter Davis' bond (with David Henderson, William Scott) as guardian to Mary and Margaret O'Donnell, orphans of Michael O'Donnell.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 20, 1772. - (411) Charles O'Donald, aged 17, orphan of Michael O'Donald, chose Thomas Stuart guardian.
- Page 475.--17th March, 1773. Recorded. Michael O'Donnel's additional appraisement--Cash from Robert McClinken, Pady Curren, Maley Burbeg, executor of Gerd Coldu.
- Page 475.--17th March, 1772. Henry McDonald's bond (with Thos. Kinkead, Saml. Kelly) as administrator of Saml. McDonald. (Note: as this was on the same page as the record above, were Henry and Samuel possibly related?)
- Page 140.--14th August, 1773. Recorded, viz: A list of the first vendue made by Mary O'Donal the first day of November, 1768; also the second vendue; sold to John O'Dair, Robert Richardson; also the third vendue made by Thos. Stewart 1st July, 1772; a list of whabis (?) to prove of Michael O'Donal's estate; Derby Leary's account; list of debts paid by Mary O'Donal; to Smith Williamson, Dorbe Lary, Rose Keening; whiskey for the funeral, £2.2.6; commissioners distribute the balance of the estate among the children, four in number.
Records of Michael O'Donald in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 530.--25th August, 1752. John Wilson to Joseph Tees, 400 acres on South River, Shanandore; Beverley Manor line, part of 660 acres deeded to John's father by Joseph Mills, 24th June, 1742. Teste: James Patton, Mary Thompson, Michael O'DonneI, Wm. Thompson, Joseph Love, Wm. Preston.
- Page 120.--2d January, 1761. William Johnston's will, yeoman, aged about forty years--Daughter, Mary Johnston, 2 years old last June. Executor, Walter Davis. Teste: Wm. Scott, Michl. O'Donnell, John Cunningham, Robt. Cunningham, John Sorel. Proved, 18th May, 1762, by Scott, John Cunningham, and Sorel. Executor qualified, with Thomas Rutledge and Wm. Scott.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 19, 1767. - (359) Wm. Tees vs. Michael O'Donald.--Abates by defendant's death.
- Page 475.--17th March, 1772. Henry McDonald's bond (with Thos. Kinkead, Saml. Kelly) as administrator of Saml. McDonald. (Note: perhaps related to Samuel and Henry? More research necessary).
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 17, 1772. - (329) Admn. of estate of Samuel McDonald granted his brother, Henry McDonald. (Note: perhaps related to Samuel and Henry? More research necessary).
- Vol. 1 - MARCH, 1773 (B). - Jas. McClure vs. John Adair and Mary, his wife, late Mary O'Donnell.-- Trespass. Writ 24th August, 1772. For trespass by Mary on 10th February 1771. (Note: Record verifies that Michael's widow married John Adair).
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 17, 1778. - (376) John O'Dare bound to peace on complaint of his wife, Mary O'Dare. (Note: record of Michael's widow, then married to John Adair).