Facts and Events
Michael Harrison was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- Michael HARRISON
- ? 1755 - BEF 1830
- Repository ID Number: I2043
- TITLE: Col.
- OCCUPATION: High Sheriff Wash Co., TN 1790; Atty Tenn Land Co.
- RESIDENCE: Rockingham Co., VA> Jonesboro, TN > Madison Co., AL
- BIRTH: ? 1755
- DEATH: BEF 1830
- RESOURCES: See: (Likely Son - Not Proven) [S67]
- Father: Daniel HARRISON Jr
- Mother: Sarah GLAX ?
- Family 1 : Margaret RAGAN
- MARRIAGE: 9 Feb 1784, Rockingham Co., VA [S420]
- Marriage Bond: Jesse Harrison
- (Likely Son - Not Proven) of Capt. Daniel H. Rockingham Co. VA.
- I think this is the right Michael Harrison of Madison Co AL
- Obit: Margaret, wife of Col Michael, Athens, Limestone Co. AL, d. 1830, age 65; she left 4 daughters that survived her.
- Michael was attorney for Beatty & Estill -Zachariah Cox, Tenn. Land Co. Land speculators from Georgia.
- He was sheriff of Jonesboro & Wash Co, Tn in 1789. In Madison Co.AL 1807. Purchased 200 acres for himself, Gideon, & Daniel. Daniel is either a brother or lst cousin.
- Govt archive papers state he had difficulty with the fed govt and the purchasers of his lands were warned that they might not receive a clear title from the fed. govt..
- Madison Co. AL Census in 1809 listed about 8 males all over 20 yrs of age. [S420] [S206]
- [Citation: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~harrisonrep/Harrison/d0034/g0000018.html#I2043].