b.WFT Est 1713-1728
Facts and Events
||WFT Est 1713-1728
Matthew Robinson was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 264.--27th March, 1753. Borden, &c., to Mathew Robinson, 400 acres of 92100. Joseph Culton's cor., Back Creek; John Robinson's survey. Teste: John and James Robinson, Alex. Walker.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 201.--26th March, 1763. Mathew ( ) Robinson to Henry Campbell and James Culton, £40, 200 acres, part of Borden's 92,100; corner said Campbell, crossing Back Creek; corner John Robinson.
- Page 203.--25th March, 1763. Same (from Mathew ( ) Robinson) to Henry Campbell, £25, 200 acres, part of 92,100; corner Joseph Cultan, crossing Back Creek.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 300.--26th February, 1750. Elizabeth Crawford, George Anderson, Robert Patterson's bond as administrators of James Crawford, with surety Patrick Crawford, Mathew Robinson.
- Page 247.--27th March, 1753. Borden to John Robinson, 300 acres, part of 92100. Mathew Robinson's survey; Wm. Reagh's cor., Back Creek. Teste: Alex. Walker, James Robinson, Mathew Robinson.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 16, 1759. - (290) John Poage and Saml. Henderson qualify admrs. of Elizabeth Robinion, decd., Mathew Robinson, the heir-at-law, refusing. (Note: this appears to be Matthew's mother, Elizabeth)
- Page 188.--25th May, 1760. Thomas Paxton's will--To wife, Sarah; to son Thomas, executor; to son, Samuel; to son-in-law, Mathew Robinson; to granddaughter, Elizabeth Eakin; to grandson, John Robinson, Teste: Mathew Lyle, Alex. Smiley, Andw. Smiley. Proved, 16th November, 1762, by Lyle and Alex. Smiley. Thos. Paxton qualifies, with Andw. Hays. Mathew Lyle.
- Page 673.--2d August, 1764. John Robinson and Sarah ( ) to Daniel Harvey, £25, 150 acres in Borden's tract, Mathew Robinson's line. Teste: John and Samuel Edmiston and John Stewart. Delivered: Daniel Harvey, April, 1768. Conveyed by Borden to Robinson.
- Page 75.--17th August, 1767. Same (from Borden's executors) to James Lecky, £30, 200 acres, part of 92,100 acres, side of North River on or near Mathew Robinson's line; corner James Campbell; widow McClure's line. Delivered: James Lackey, August, 1770.