Facts and Events
Matthew Ralston was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Land Grant Surveys in Virginia:
- Land Grant Survey: Page 10 - Mathew and William Ralston, 20 acres, Mossy Creek. Adjoining their own land. March 27, 1761. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 4].
Information on Matthew Ralston
5. MATTHEW2 ROLSTONE (WILLIAM1) was born 1742 in Virginia, and died Aft. December 29, 1800 in Jefferson Co., Tenn., age ~58. He married MARTHA MOORE 1764 in Augusta Co., Va., daughter of JAMES MOORE and JEAN. She was born 1744 in Augusta Co., Va., and died 1801 in Jefferson Co., Tenn., age ~57.
- Children of MATTHEW ROLSTONE and MARTHA MOORE are:
- 16. i. MOSES MATTHEW3 ROULSTON, b. 1766, Augusta (now Botetourt) Co., Va.; d. 1829, Hamilton Co., Tenn., age ~63.
- ii. WILLIAM ROULSTON, b. 1768, Augusta (now Botetourt) Co., Va.; d. 1831, Williamson Co., Tenn., age ~63; m. ANN MOORE, September 06, 1795, Virginia; b. Bet. 1770 - 1775, Virginia.
- 17. iii. ANNE ELIZABETH ROULSTON, b. January 06, 1770, Augusta (now Botetourt) Co., Va.; d. June 18, 1835, Indian Creek, Putnam Co., Tenn., age 65.
- iv. SAMUEL ROULSTON, b. 1775, Augusta (now Botetourt) Co., Va.; d. 1830, Sumner Co., Tenn., age ~55; m. BETSY LOWREY, 1802, Jefferson Co., Tenn.; b. 1780, Botetourt Co., Va..
- 18. v. COL. JAMES J. ROULSTON, b. June 16, 1778, Augusta (now Botetourt) Co., Va.; d. August 07, 1844, Marion Co., Tenn., age 66.
- 19. vi. RUTH ROULSTON, b. 1781, Botetourt Co., Va.; d. Aft. 1850, Buffalo Valley, Jackson or Putnam Co., Tenn., age 70+.