Facts and Events
Source:Mayflower Descendant, p. 40:197-9, "Errata and Addenda", argues the case that the "Mary Read" who m. Josiah Allen in Bridgewater on 25 Dec 1707 is the daughter of William and Esther Reed, despite no primary evidence because:
- She is named Mary Reed in her father's will of Oct 1705, so unmarried at that time.
- Her brother Capt. William Reed of Abington was the administrator of Josiah Allen's estate 24 Dec 1733
- The names of her children seem to connect to the Reed family, particularly Esther and William.
- No likely Micah Reed, suggested as her father in Mitchell's History of Bridgewater can be found. The identification of Micah as her father was probably speculation based on the name of their eldest son.
- ↑ FHL Film 0551543, in Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States. Plymouth County, Mass., Probate records, 1686-1903; with index and docket, 1685-1967. (Originals with town clerk, filmed by Genealogical Society of Utah, 1968), 15:267-8.
Will of "Mary Allin of Bridgwater ... widdow woman" dated 1 Oct 1751, proved 2 Apr 1759, mentions son "Nath'll Allin" [sole executor] and William Allin; Daughter Ester Edson the wife of James Edson; my Daughter Betty Allen; my grand Children namely To Micah Allen Mary Allen Joseph Allin Daniel Allen and Nicholas Byram.
Help fund new features!