Facts and Events
Mary Morris was born 1750/60 (per 1830 census) in Brunswick Co., VA. I don't know who her parents were.
On 11 Aug 1783 Henry Morris made his Will in Brunswick County naming (among others) his granddaughter Mary Dugger. (Brunswick Co., VA Will Book 2 page 228).
Although her husband Daniel Dugger appeared frequently in the public records in the late 1700's, Mary did not as far as I've found.
Mary Dugger was listed on the 1810 census in Sussex Co., VA. It is entirely possible this is a different person. Analysis:
- Sussex Co., VA, page 734, Mary Dugger, 10000-02201
- 1 male under 10 (1800/10)=Unknown son/grandson
- 1 female 45 and up (bef 1765)=Mary Morris Dugger (1750/60) widow of Daniel Dugger
- 2 females 16-25 (1784/94)=1-Unknown daughter; 2-Unknown daughter
- 2 females 10-15 (1794/1800)=1-Unknown daughter; 2-Unknown daughter
In Nov 1811 court, the heirs of Daniel Dugger were named:
- Mary Dugger, widow
- Elizabeth Stainback
- William M. Dugger
- Benjamin L. Morris and wife Nancy, late Nancy Dugger
- Daniel Dugger
- Andrew, Amos, Ashley, Polly, Absolem and Sally Rainey, infants of Jesse Rainey by Frances his wife, late Frances Dugger, by Jesse Rainey, their next friend.
- Sally Dugger, infant
- John Dugger, infant
- Henry Dugger, infant
- (Brunswick Co., VA Order Book 24 page 357)
In Jan 1812 court, the heirs were named again in an estate sale. (Brunswick Co., VA Order Book 24 page 386)
Also in Jan 1812 court the estate was divided among the heirs:
- Widow her dower - 118 acres
- Benjamin Morris, 60 acres
- John Dugger, 42 acres
- Elizabeth Stainback, 25 acres
- James Dugger, 21 acres
- Jesse Rainey's children, 29 acres
- Henry Dugger, 28 acres
- Sally Dugger, 28 acres
- (Brunswick Co., VA Order Book 24 page 514)
Mary Dugger was listed on the 1820 census in Brunswick Co., VA. Analysis:
- Brunswick Co., VA page 9 Mrs. Mary Dugger, 010000-00111
- 1 male 10-15 (1804/10)=Unknown son/grandson
- 1 female 45+ (bef 1775)=Mary Morris Dugger (1750/1760) widow of Daniel Dugger
- 1 female 26-44 (1775/1794)=Unknown Daughter
- 1 female 16-25 (1794/1804)=Unknown Daughter
Mary Dugger was listed on the 1830 census in Brunswick Co., VA. Analysis:
- Brunswick Co., VA page 257 Mary Dugger Senr 0000100000000-0001000101000
- 1 male 20-29 (1800/10)=Unknown Son/grandson
- 1 female 70-79 (1750/1760)=Mary Morris Dugger (1750/60) widow of Daniel Dugger
- 1 female 50-59 (1770/1780)=Unknown daughter
- 1 female 15-19 (1810/15)=Unknown daughter/granddaughter/niece
Mary Dugger was listed on the 1840 census in Brunswick Co., VA. Analysis:
- Brunswick Co., VA page 307 Mary Dugger 0000000000000-0000000000100
- 1 female 80-89 (1750/1760)=Mary Morris Dugger (1750/60) widow of Daniel Dugger
Mary Morris Dugger died sometime between 1840 and 1850, presumably in Brunswick Co., VA.
Help fund new features!