Facts and Events
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 French, Elizabeth. "Genealogical Research In England", in The New England Historical and Genealogical Register. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society), vol. 71, page 256, July 1917.
MARY" (JOSSELYN) ", bapt at Barham, co Suffolk, Eng. 16 Mar 1633/4; brought by her parents to New England in 1635; d at Milton, Mass 21 Aug 1711 in her 78th year; m in 1656 Dea. ROGER SUMNER b. at Bicester, co. Oxford, Eng. in 1632, d. at Milton, Mass 26 May, 1698, aged 66, son of WILLIAM and MARY. After her marriage MARY (JOSSELYN) SUMNER lived at Dorchester, Lancaster, and Milton, Mass.
- ↑ Joslyn, Roger D. "Rebecca, Wife of Thomas Josselyn of Hingham and Lancaster, Massachusetts", in The New England Historical and Genealogical Register. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society), Vol. 158:334.
Last child Mary baptized Barham, co. Suffolk, England 16 Mar 1633/4 [citing Barham Parish Register, FHL film 1658080].
- ↑ Ferris, Mary Walton. Dawes-Gates Ancestral Lines: A Memorial Volume Containing the American Ancestry of Rufus R. Dawes; and A Memorial Volume Containing the American Ancestry of Mary Beman (Gates) Dawes. (Milwaukee, WI: Cuneo Press, 1931-1943), 1:578.
Children of William Sumner and Mary West: 2) Roger m. prob. at Lancster abt. 1656 Mary Joslin, d/o Thomas. They lived at Lancaster until the town was abandoned in March 1676, and then at Milton.
- ↑ "Founders of New England", in The New England Historical and Genealogical Register. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society), 14:307.
In the Encrease of London, Mr Robert Lea vrs New England.
Tho: Jostlin Husbandman [Age] 43
Rebecca his wife 43
Eliza: Ward a maid servant 38
Children of the said Tho: Jostlin
- ↑ "Thomas Joslin", in Anderson, Robert Charles; George F. Sanborn; and Melinde Lutz Sanborn. The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England, 1634-1635. (NEHGS, 1999-2011), Vol. IV (I-L), p. 120.
Children... vii. Mary Joslin, bp. Barham, Suffolk, 16 Mar 1633/4 (aged 1 on 17 Apr 1635 [Hotten 55]); m. by 1657 to Roger Sumner (eldest known child b. Dorchester 16 Nov 1657 [DVR 5]). "Daughter Mary Soomner" and son-in-law Roger Sumner" both named in her father's will dated 9 May 1660, proved 29 Mar 1661.
- ↑ Milton, Norfolk, Massachusetts, United States. Milton Records, Births, Marriages, and Deaths, 1662-1843: alphabetically and chronologically arranged. (Boston), 244.
Sumner, Mary, [died] Aug. 21, 1711, 78th yr.
[Age 77, so birth about 1634.]