Facts and Events
Martin Tschudi (Judy) was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's: (unless otherwise listed)
- Page 455.--24th May, 1763. Same (From William Green, &c.) to Martin Judy, £27.10, 367 acres as above (on South Fork of Potomac, part of 600 acres patented to Wood, Russell and Green; corner Jacob Rollman and Catherine Zorn's land). Delivered: Andrew Johnston, June, 1767.
- Page 261 - Martin Judy, 525 acres, branch of Cheat River. May 10, 1774.[Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 90].
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 234.--19th May, 1770. Martin Judy (Juddy, Juda) and Rosanna to Henry Judey (Juda), their son, £20, 204 acres on North Mill Creek, a branch of South Branch of Potowmack, part of 367 conveyed to Martin by William Green, Gent., 24th May, 1763. Teste: William Lamme. Delivered: Nicholas Judy, December, 1778.
Records of Martin Tschudi in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 108.--28th November, 1771. Henry Lancisco, Sr., to Henry Lancisco, Jr., son of said Henry, 194 acres, part of the plantation whereon said Henry now lives and part of 350 acres conveyed to said Henry Lanclsco Sr., by Wood, Russell and Green, 20th May, 1753, and part of 660 acres patented to said Wood, Russell and Green, 23d October, 1750, on South Branch of Potomac. Teste: Henry Judy, Necolaus ( ) Herbould; Martain ( ) Juty, Bastain ( ) Hackley. Delivered: Samuel Millar per order 25th February, 1788.
- Page 114.--28th November, 1771. Same (From Henry Lancisco, Sr.) to Valentine Power, part of 310 acres above. Teste: Henry Judy, Nicholaus ( ) Herbould, Martam ( ) Juty. Bastain ( ) Hackley.
- Page 386.--17th March, 1775. George Fults' estate appraised and settlement recorded 15th August, 1775--Sold to Henry Judy, Martin Judy. Michael Mannin, Nicholas Judy, Jacob Critchs, Thomas Northon, Richard Burns, Mathias Dice, Jacob Simond, Jacob Hinkle, Thomas Hall, Joseph Ham, Jacob Ragen.
- Page 107.--16th November, 1779. Recorded. Michael Mallow's sale bill--Sold to, viz: Michael Allgyre, Jacob Bragg, Peter Wineman, Jacob Carpenter, Joseph Bennett, Adam Mallow, Jacob Break, Richard Byrns, Martin Judy, Philip Harper, Jno. Rice; to Nicholas Boucher, Jno. Westfall, Peter Vineman, Jno. Higgins, Jacob Goodman, Jacob Heffenor, Christopher Hoofner, Gasper Bogart, Henry Rule, Abel Griffith, Peter Hald, Peter Segerfoot, widow Moser, Aaron Vanscoy, Thos. Bland, Zachary Retsworth, Sarah Harmon, Ludowick Waggoner, Thos. Wilmot, Adam Lock, Michael Peterson, Geo. Walker, Samuel Morrall, Zachary Retsroth, Henry Judy, Jacob Springstone, Jacob Caplinger, John Server, Eve Moser, Lawrence Causan (Cansen?), Robt. Craigard, Gabriel Cyle (Kile).
Information on Martin Tschudi
Owned 367 acres of land at North Mill Creek Valley
- ↑ AFN: 1489-GMP.
- ↑ The History and Genealogy of the Judy-Judah-Tschudy Family - 870 AD to 1954 by "Baron" Marion Pomeroy Carlock (von Judy-T, 458 "Vol. 22 #3340 says name is Martin Tschudi;.".
- ↑ The History and Genealogy of the Judy-Judah-Tschudy Family - 870 AD to 1954 by "Baron" Marion Pomeroy Carlock (von Judy-T, 458.
- ↑ The History and Genealogy of the Judy-Judah-Tschudy Family - 870 AD to 1954 by "Baron" Marion Pomeroy Carlock (von Judy-T, 458,.
- ↑ Vol. 22, Tree number 3340.
- ↑ Martin & Rosina moved to America and settled in Mill Creek Valley in Virginia (now West Virginia)