Facts and Events
Martin Humble was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 546.--3d May, 1763. Benjamin Kinley to Martin Humble, £16, 215 acres adjoining Rees Thomas and Daniel Harrison, and a survey of said Benjamin Kinley commonly called the Sinking Spring. Teste: Robert Morris, Conrad Humble, A. Hamilton.
Estate Records of Martin Humble
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 16, 1774. - (532) Martin Humble, deceased--estate commd. to Conrad Humble.
- Page 248.--16th August, 1774. Conrad Humble's bond (with John Dunbar, Conrad Custard) as administrator of Martin Humble.
- Page 513.--13th May, 1775. Martin Humble's estate appraised by Abraham Miller, James Wright, Joshua Wright--Sworn to before John Canon.
- Page 37.--19th May, 1778. Martin Humble's estate in account with Conrad Humble, administrator--Paid Henry Runnion, Jno. Trumbo, James Devoir; paid Ab. Kuykendall, Richard McMachen's account; paid Jacob Fegley.
- Vol. 2 - 1779--May 24th, Charity orphan of Martin Humble to be bound.
Records of Martin Humble in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 19, 1760. - (432) John Bags, Thomas Bags, Jacob Trumbeau, Jacob Bear, Isaac Brackfield, Conrad Lamb, John Richards, Jacob Richards, Thomas West, Daniel Cain, Martin Whitsell, Uriah Humble with one, Martin Humble, and Jacob Caplinger, added to tithables.
- Page 529,__ October, 1765. Valentine Sevier and Joanna ( ) to George Shumaker, £30, 310 acres on which George now lives, on North River Shanando; corner Benj. Burden's lands. Teste: John Gratton, Martin Humble, Jacob Woodle (Woodley), Nicholas Zeburnn Zeborn, Seehorn ?).
Information on Martin Humble
- In 1729, Uriah Jr. & his brother Martin left Durham, England as part of a group of 600 (mostly members of the Presbyterian Church) that landed in Westmoreland Co., PA.
- Migrated to: Abt. 1745, Brock's Gap, Augusta, now Rockingham County, Virginia
- Naturalization: September 25, 1740, Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
Additional information on Humble family posted at: http://www.libby-genealogy.com/humble_family.htm