Facts and Events
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Estes Notes.
William Buck Estes, 3/4/1783 to 7/23/1851 wed (2) Sarah Moore [interlined: "Sallie" (Martha J.)], 7/25/1805 to 4/7/1880
[Father from Albemarle County, bought land in Augusta County Sep 1805, so location of Martha's birth is not clear, but probably Albemarle County? Was living in Greene County in 1870 census.]
- Augusta County (Virginia). County Clerk. Deed books, 1745-1866; index to deeds, 1745-1930. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1952), FHL film 0030362, p. 55:249.
"William Estis & Martha his wife" joined other "heirs at law of Isaac Moore (dec'd)" selling land to Henry Grove 14 Sep 1833.
- Stanardsville, in Greene, Virginia, United States. 1860 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Series M653, Roll 1349, Page 526.
Estis, M. J. [head of household], F, age 53, Farm, [born in] VA
Estis, E., F, age 17, --, VA
Estis, F. M., M, age 15, --, VA
- Stanardsville, in Greene, Virginia, United States. 1870 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Series M593, Roll 1649, Page 270.
Estes, James C. [head of household], M, age 43, Farmer, [born in] VA
Estes, Martha J., F, age 64, --, VA
- ↑ Walter Wagner Moore Family Bible.
She is listed in the Moore Family Bible extracted by Ralph C. Jones in 1966 as Martha J. Estes, death on 17 April, 1880, death place not indicated. This family Bible was likely first owned by daughter Dorothea and her husband John Kiner Moore.
- There is no additional information in the Moore Family Bible about her middle initial "J" nor whether it refers to her maiden or middle name.
Help fund new features!