- H. Richard Bowenest 1631 - bef 1722/23
- W. Martha Allen1641 - 1734/35
m. 20 Jan 1689/90
Facts and Events
||11 Dec 1641
||Dedham, Norfolk, Massachusetts, United States
||22 Dec 1663
||Medfield, Norfolk, Massachusetts, United Statesto William Sabin
||20 Dec 1689
with Richard Bowen
||20 Jan 1689/90
||Rehoboth, Bristol, Massachusetts, United Statesto Richard Bowen
||11 Jan 1734/35
||Rehoboth, Bristol, Massachusetts, United States
Twin? of: Mary Allen (247)
There is 1 vital record available on MyHeritage for Martha Allen, including birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Vital records are historical records that are typically recorded around the actual time of the event, which means they are likely accurate.
Vital records include information like the event date and place, and the person's occupation and residence.
Vital records also often include information about the person's relatives.
For example, birth and marriage records include names of parents and divorce records list the names of children.
See all vital records for Martha Allen
- Frederick A. Virkus, Editor. Immigrant Ancestors. (Genealogical Publishing Co. Baltimore Reprint 1980), pg 58.
- Titus, Anson. The Sabin Family of America: Four Generations. New England Historical and Genealogical Register. (New England Historic Genealogical Society, Jan 1882), 36:52.
'He married second, Martha (born Dec. 11, 1641, a twin sister of Mary), daughter of James and Anna Allen, of Medfield, Dec. 22, 1663. Martha waa a sister of Nathaniel and Joseph Allen, who married daughters by the former wife.'
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Bowen, Richard LeBaron. Early Rehoboth Families and Events. New England Historical and Genealogical Register. (1942-1945), 99:241.
'... Martha Allen, b. 11 Dec. 1641, dau. of James and Anna Allen, of Medfield, Mass. Widow Martha Sabin m. (2) at Rehoboth, 20 Jan. 1689/90, Richard Bowen of Rehoboth.'
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Hill, Don Gleason, Editor. The Record of Births, Marriages and Deaths, and Intentions of Marriage: in the Town of Dedham, Massachusetts, Volumes 1 & 2. 1638-1845 With an Appendix Containing Records of Marriages Before 1800, Returned from Other Towns, Under the Statute of 1857. (Dedham, Mass.: Town of Dedham, 1886), 1:1-2.
'1641 ... Martha & Mary, the Daughters of James & [Ann] Allen, was borne the 11 of the 10 mo.'
- ↑ Arnold, James N. Vital record of Rehoboth, 1642-1896. (Providence, RI: Narragansett Historial Publishing Co., 1897), page 800, Deaths.
Martha, widow, 94y 1 d. Jan. 11, 1734-5'
- Sanborn, Melinde Lutz. Third Supplement to Torrey's New England Marriages Prior to 1700. (Baltimore [Maryland]: Genealogical Pub. Co., c2003), page 31.
'BOWEN, Richard (c1631-1718) & 2/wf Martha (ALLEN) SABEN; m1 William SABEN; m Rehoboth 20 Jan 1689/90 [TAG 76:277]'