Facts and Events
Marion County, Texas, 1870 census:
- Bigby [sic], Margarett 16 yrs b. Texas
- Lucy 8 yrs b. Texas
- Ballard C. 25 yrs Clk. in Store (real estate = $6,000; personal estate = $400) b. Texas
- Thomas M. 23 yrs Clk. in Store (real estate = $4,000; personal estate = $400) b. Texas
- NOTE: It is unclear who 8-year-old "Lucy" is in this listing. She isn't the older sister of that name, nor is she Thomas's daughter, born some years later. It also seems more likely that Ballard and/or Thomas were actually the head(s) of the household, not Margaret, who was only 16. (Probably she was the who was at home to answer the enumerator's questions.)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Find A Grave.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Marion, Texas, United States. 1870 U.S. Census Population Schedule, p. 436A, dwelling/family 8/8.