Mansfield Hatfield, Sr.
Facts and Events
Mansfield Hatfield was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Guardianship Records of Mansfield Hatfield's Children
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 19, 1782. - (81) John Hatfield chose John Campbell guardian.
- Vol. 2 - GUARDIANS' BONDS, AUGUSTA COUNTY. - 19th August, 1783--John Campbell, guardian for John Hatfield, orphan of Mansfield Hatfield.
- Vol. 2 - 1785---Page 1, orphans bound by order: (March), Sarah Hatfield to John Hooper, Henry Hatwell, son Mansfield Hatwell, deceased, aged 10-1/2 years.
- Vol. 1 - MAY 17, 1785. - (21) Sarah Hatfield, daughter of Hannah Hatfield, to be bound to John Harper.(Note: Sarah was the daughter of Mansfield, still a minor in 1785).
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 16, 1785. - (148) Henry Hatwell, aged 10 years and 6 months, orphan of Mansfield Hatwell, deceased, to be bound out.
- Vol. 1 - JUNE 19, 1787. - (334) Following to be bound out: Polly Woland, to Charles Markle; Samuel Blakemore, to Abraham Rust: Peter Reed, to John Moore; William Breasline, 4 years old, to Thomas Mitchell; Henry Hatfield (formerly bound to John Francis, deceased), to Wm. Farris; John Reglan, to Jacob Peck; Sarah Blakemore, to Adam Bickle.
Records of Mansfield Hatfield in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1790--August 16, Robert Beard and Sarah Hatfield, daughter of Hanah Hatfield (consent); surety, Wm. Richardson; witnesses, John Hatfield, John
Gregg. (Note: Sarah was Mansfield's daughter, wife gave consent after Mansfield died).
Help fund new features!