Facts and Events
Malcolm Campbell was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- Malcom Campbell's in Old Augusta
- Source:Chalkley's Chronicles
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 238.--21st November, 1759. John Smith, Gent., to Malcom Campbell, £__, 400 acres on Goose Creek of Roanoke, including the Great Lick, on side Smith's Creek, near mouth of Lick Branch. Sent to Wm. Campbell, the heir-at-law, by his order October, 1773.
- Page 266.--23d February, 1761. Malcom Campbell's will--Wife, Isabella; son, Archibald, tract adjoining the Long Lick and tract on Mill Creek; son, William; tour daughters, Elizabeth, Mary, Jean and Rebeckah. Executors, son Archd. and Saml. Lyle. Teste: Archd. Alexander, Danl. Lyle, Nathan Peoples. Proved, 22d June, 1763, by Alexander and Lyle Executors refuse to execute. Isabella also refuses. Administration granted Elizabeth Campbell, who qualifies with Pat. Sharkey, Jno. Neeley, Adam Dean.
- Page 367.--29th November, 1760(?) (prob. 1763). Malcom Campbell's estate appraised by Wm. Bryan, Neal McNeal, James Neelley.
- Page 368.--18th September, 1764. Additional appraisement of above (Malcom Campbell's estate). 9th October, 1764--Additional appraisement of above.
- Page 166.--2d September, 1768. Malcom Campbell's estate settled, by William Simpson and Elizabeth, his wife, administrators--Paid Francis Deleney, Saml. Flours, Adam Baird. Saml. Drake, Archibald Lamb, George Dare for Col. Preston, William Haley, Anthony Bledsoe for 8 gallons rum for vendue; James McNeil. for catching horses; Austin Brumbly, for catching horses; Peter Dyerly, Abraham Moon. Sale at vendue November 29th, 1763.
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 275.--28th November, 1750. Sale bill of Ann Hungate's vendue To William Alexander, Joseph Milikin, Malcom Campbell, Wm. Carson, Wm. Armstrong, James Necley. John Lawler. Jacob Patton, Uriah Acres, Archibald Grimes.
- Page 433.--16th August, 1751. Methesalem Griffith's appraisement, by Henry Brown, Jr., Neal McNeal, Wm. Carvin. Due by Malcom Campbell, Benj. Halter. Henry Brown, Sr., Isaac Taylor, Alex. Ingrem, Geo. Robinson. Edward McDonald.
- Page 402.--20th August, 1760. Mary McDonald's bond (with Geo. Robinson, Francis Livers, Malcom Campbell) as administratrix or Edward McDonald. Teste: H. Churchill.