Facts and Events
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Waterloo County, 1934, registration #032875, in Ontario, Canada. Ontario Deaths,1869-1937 and Overseas Deaths, 1939-1947. (Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Archives of Ontario).
residence: 26 Shoemaker Ave. Kitchener Ontario.
birthplace: Petersburg Ontario
date of birth: April 19th. 1866
age: 67 years 9 months 21 days
parents: Albert Ringler (born in Ontario) and Catherine Hartzberger (born in Germany)
date of death: February 9th. 1934
cause of death: myocarditis
burial: Latchar Cemetery Manheim Ontario, Monday 12th. 1934
- ↑ Ontario, Waterloo County, Wilmot Twp, in Canada. 1901 Census of Canada. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: Library and Archives Canada).
John Haltzwarth, born 14 Nov 1859 (age 41), farmer
wife: Lydia Haltzwarth, born 19 April 1866 (age 34)
son: Albert Haltzwarth, born 26 Sept 1885 (age 15)
daughter: Catherine A Haltzwarth, born 29 Aug 1891 (age 9)
daughter: Edna Haltzwarth, born 4 Nov 1895 (age 5)
daughter: Elisabeth E Haltzwarth, born 10 Oct 1897 (age 3)
all born in rural O[ntario], all Mennonite
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Gospel Herald - Vol. XXVI, No. 49 - March 8, 1934, in MennObits: Mennonite Obituaries, page 1054, 1054, 1056.
'Holtzwarth.-Lydia, wife of John Holtzwarth, died at the residence of 26 Shoemaker Ave., Kitchener, Ont. She was in her 68th year; a daughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Albert Ringler. She resided in the city of Kitchener for the past 10 years, coming from Mannheim, and was a member of the Latschar Mennonite Church. Surviving are the husband, 2 sons, and 3 daughters (Albert and Norman of Petersburg, Mrs. Jacob Holst of Pine Hill, Mrs. Edgar Asmussen of Kitchener, and Mrs. Edward Rueffer of Petersburg). Three sons and two daughters preceded her. Eighteen grandchildren and one brother (Jacob Ringler), also survive. Funeral on Monday, March 5, from the home of Mr. and Mrs. Edgar Asmussen, to the Latschar Mennonite Church. Burial in the adjoining cemetery. Conducted by Bro. Manasseh Hallman, Mannheim, text, Psa. 23.'
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Mannheim Mennonite Cemetery, Waterloo County, Ontario, Canada, in Find A Grave.
Inscription from photo of gravestone:
'John Holtzworth 1857 - 1948
his wife Lydia Ringler 1866 - 1934
rest in peace'
- Eby, Ezra E. A biographical history of Waterloo township and other townships of the county ... (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1971), 2:186.
'RINGLER, ALBERT [son of John and Elizabeth (Wildfong) Ringler], was born June 2nd, 1825. He was first married to Catharine Sararas and after her decease to Catharine Hartzberger. He resides on a farm near Petersburg, Ontario. To him was born a family of seven children, namely: Barbara, Elizabeth (dead), Catharine, Samuel, Sophia (dead), Lydia, and Amanda.'
Help fund new features!