Facts and Events
||8 Jun 1648
||Plymouth, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
||8 JUN 1666
||Plymouth, Plymouth county, Massachusettsto James Barnaby
||14 JUN 1670
||Plymouth, Plymouth, MAto James Barnaby
||aft 30 OCT 1677
||(shortly after) Plymouth, Plymouth, Massachusettsto John Nelson
||11 Sep 1691
||Plymouth, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United Statesin her 44th year
||Had two children with Nelson
|Ancestral File Number
From the Bartlett Society
She married first, probably in Plymouth before 14 Jun 1670, (at which date a deed exists with her married name) James Barnaby. She married second probably in Plymouth, shortly after 30 Oct 1677 John Nelson. On 30 Oct 1677 the court disposed of the estate of James Barnabey, dec. It mentions the widow Lydia is about to marry John Nelson of Plymouth and provides for bringing up the two children. Lydia's two brothers, Benjamin Bartlett and Joseph Bartlett are to oversee the conditions. In Oct 1684 James Barnabey chose his father in law John Nelson as guardian. In Dec. 1688 Stephen Barnabe of Plymouth chose Isaac Cushman and John Churchell guardians.
The inventory of James Barnabey was taken 30 Oct 1677. The will of John Nelson of Plimouth dated 29 April 1697, sworn 16 Jun 1697, names son Samuel; dau. Mehetabel Dotey and son in law John Dotey; dau. Joanna (under age); Anne Tilson (no relationship stated); and wife Patience Nelson.
- Roser, Susan E. Mayflower Increasings (2nd Edition). (Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. , 1995), p. 112.
- General Society of Mayflower Descendants. Mayflower Families in Progress. (1991), Robert Bartlett, p. 10-11 (#8).
Stratton's Richard Warren
Richard Warren, p. 2, 11
- Nathaniel B. Shrtleff & David Pulsifer. Records of the Colony of New Plymouth in New England. (12 volumes, Boston 1855-61, reprint 12 volumes in 6 New York 1968), Vol. 8, p. 4.
- van Antwerp, Lee Douglas, and Ruth Wilder Sherman. Vital Records of Plymouth, Massachusetts to the Year 1850. (Camden, Maine: Picton Press, 1993), p, 656.
- BARTLETT: The Bartlett Society.
- Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants. Mayflower Quarterly, Vol. 65, p. 114 "The Mayflower Napkin".
- ↑ Massachusetts Society of Mayflower Descendants. Mayflower Descendant: An Illustrated Quarterly Magazine of Pilgrim Genealogy, History and Biography, Vol. 16, p. 62 (death).
- The American genealogist : a monthly magazine of genealogy and local history. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1958), Vol. 56, p. 34.
PN&Q 3:121 (m. to Patience).
- ↑ Vital Records of Plymouth, Mass..
Plymouth Colony Records 5:247 (James Barnaby set.), 249 (gdn.); 8:31 (m. to Sarah), 64 (b. Sarah's ch.)
Court Records 1:199 (gdns.)
Probate Records 3:2:98 (inv. James Barnaby)
Church Records 1:257 (Bp. Joanna), 1:271 (d. Lydia)
Probate Records 1:278 (gdn. Joanna)
Vital Records p. 11 (b. Samuel, Joanna), 86 (John's 3rd m.), 135 (d. Lydia, John), 666 (John's 1st m.)
Land Records 2:12 (James & Stephen Barnabey)
- Landis, John T. Mayflower Descendants And Their Marriages. (Clearfield Co. Reprints & Remainders).
- Torrey, Clarence Almon. New England Marriages Prior to 1700. (1963).
- ↑ Robert Bartlett, in Anderson, Robert Charles. The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1633. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1995).