Luke Collins, of Augusta County and Tennessee
m. 14 August 1788
- Luke Collins, of Augusta County and Tennesseebef 1770 - 1835
Facts and Events
Luke Collins was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1790--August 7, Luke Collins and Sarah Miller (nearly of age), daughter of Worttri Moller (consent), Caterine Miller (consent); witnesses, Alex. Stuart, James Stuart; surety, John Collins. (Note: perhaps a younger Luke Collins?).
- Vol. 2 - Augusta Marriages: 1790: August 9th, Luke Collins and Sarah Miller.
- Vol. 2 - Insolvents and Delinquents, 1792: Luke Collins, to French Broad. (Note: this was the area that later became primarily the state of Tennessee).
- vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1797---June 8, Henry Miller and John Kesner, surety. Henry Miller and Elizabeth Weaver, daughter of John Peter Weaver (consent), Teste: Wm. Sterritt, Thos. Douthat. Henry is son of Martin Moller (consent). Teste: Luke Collins, John Kisner.
- Page 155.--__ _____, ____. Martin Miller's will--To son, Henry's children, viz: Martin and others; to son-in-law, Luke Collins, executor. Teste: Robt. Doak, David Shultz, Godlieb Stone. Proved, 23d November, 1807. Executor qualifies.