- H. Ludwig 'Lewis' Stephensabt 1730 -
- W. Ann Sheitle1735 - 1783
Facts and Events
Ludwig 'Lewis' Stephens was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Virginia
Acquisition of Land from Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants:
- H-187: Mr. Lewis Stephens of Frederick County, 1,384 acres in said County. Surv. Mr. Robert Rutnerford. On Shannondoah, adj. John Stickley, George Bowman, Surv. made for the use of the Dutch Chappel, Daniel Curry & Henry Piper, Stephens former survey, the Great Waggon Road, Craibel. 5 Aug. 1752. [Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants, 1742-1775, Vol. 2, Gertrude E. Gray, pg. 61].
- H-188: Mr. Lewis Stephens of Frederick County, 343 acres in said County. Surv. Mr. Robert Rutherford. Land he purchased of ____ Executors, adj. Daniel Curry, Cedar Creek, William Bays. 5 Aug. 1752. [Virginia Northern Neck Land Grants, 1742-1775, Vol. 2, Gertrude E. Gray, pg. 61-62].
Records of Ludwig 'Lewis' Stephens in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 398.--20th August, 1760. Frederick Mouse's bond (with Lewis Stephens, Wm. Preston) as administrator of George Mouse.