Facts and Events
Low Todd was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 744.--James Young, miller, to Lou Todd, carpenter. Delivered: William Todd, 16th May, 1756, 251 acres Fork of James, on Whistle Creek where Todd now liveth; corner Mathew Young. Teste: Arthur and Abraham Brown, James McCown.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 328.--19th May, 1760. Low Todd, of Bedford, to Hugh Cunningham, £78, 251 acres on Whistle Run in Forks of James; corner Mathew
Young. Teste: Alexander Miller and Alexander Tallford, Jno. Huston. Delivered: Hugh Cunningham, May, 1773.
Records of Low Todd in Augusta County, VA
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 21, 1752. - (321) Peter Scholl, qualified Colonel of Foot; Low Todd, qualified Lieut. of Horse; John Dunbar, qualified Capn. of Horse; John Fitzwater, qualified Ensign; Francis McBride, qualified Cornet; Ro. McFarland, qualified Lieut.; Ro. Young, qualified Capn. of Horse.
- Page 749.--18th May, 1760. James Young, miller, to Matthew Young, farmer, 150-1/2 acres, where Mathew lives on Whistle Creek of James; corner Lou Todd. Teste: Arthur and Abraham Brown, James McCown.
- Page 160.--4th January, 1750. Mathew Young and Agness to Peter Wallace, 150-1/2 acres. Bought by James Young from Borden, recorded in Orange and conveyed by James to Mathew. On Whistle Creek of James River; corner to Low Todd. Teste: Joseph Lapsley, Richard Woods.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 22, 1754. - (269) Low Todd--Special Bail.
- Page 453.--10th June, 1757. Peter Wallace and Martha to Francis McCown, yeoman, £56, 150-1/2 acres on Whistle Creek in Forks of James; cor. Low Todd. Teste: Alex. Creaghead, Richard Woods, Ro. McElheney. Delivered: Samuel Wilson, Augusct, 1769.
- Page 373.--17th May, 1762. Borden's executors to James Davis, husbandman, £165, 436 acres, part of 92100; cor. to patent line and William Todd; Todd's, Robert Young's and the patent line, Buffalow Creek, Low Todd's line; cor. Peter Wallace. Teste: George Pearis, John Neily, Joseph Gray.
- Vol. 1 - JUNE 21, 1763. - (106) Ann Vare acknowledged deed to Richard Shankland. Samuel Sproul exempted from levy--great age and infirmity. Low Todd, a witness from Bedford County.
- Page 374.--30th May, 1769. John Davis, of Roan County, North Carolina, to James Davis, of Forks of James, £62, 436 acres in Forks of James; corner William McKee's, formerly William Todd's land; corner Borden's tract, Robert Young's line, branch of Buffalo Creek; Hugh Cunningham's line. formerly Low Todd's; corner Peter Wallace. Teste: Samuel Wilson, James McMath, Archebeld McCurey, Samuel Davis.
- Page 541.--14th August, 1769. Malcom McQuon (Malcom McCown), of Forks of James, to Samuel Wilson, of said Forks, £100, on Whistle Creek in Forks of James containing 150-1/2 acres, corner formerly to Low Todd, now Hugh Cunningham. Teste: Jas. Hall, Joseph Walker, William Sproul.
Help fund new features!