Facts and Events
McCall, Louisa Katherine Bankston - Sneed's Chapel Cemetery, Milam County, Texas
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Death Certificate, 20 November 1937.
Katherine Louise Bankston McCall
- Milam County Death Book, 5/616, Primary quality.
- ↑ Sneed's Chapel Cemetery: near FM 2027, the Brazos River,
Baileyville and CR 270; from the town of Cameron, take US Hwy. 77 north 5-miles to FM 485 and turn right, continue 5-miles to FM 979, turn left and go 8-miles to FM 2027, turn left, go 2.4-miles to CR 270 and turn left, at the red gate turn right, take left fork - cemetery will be on right and is surrounded by iron fencing.
- ↑ SNEED CHAPEL, TEXAS. Sneed Chapel was a farming community ten miles northeast of Cameron in northern Milam County. It was named for the Sneed family, who owned a plantation in the area before the Civil War. The population of Sneed Chapel was predominantly black. By the 1940s no evidence of the community was shown on county highway maps. No population estimates were available.
Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956).
- According to the Death Certificate, birth year was 1862; however her burial marker has 1852 as her birth year. A birth year of 1852 is consistent with her being the eldest born child of Micajah and Sarah Bankston.