Facts and Events
Levi Lockhart was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 331 - 23d November, 1791. Levi Lockhart and Hannah, of Bourbon County, Ky, to John Moffett, 144 acres, part of tract Jacob Lockhart formerly lived on.
Records in Virginia/Kentucky
- Marriage consent, Lincoln County, Kentucky. - I Certify that I have given my Consent To A marriage Intended to be had and Solemnized betwixt Solomon Lawrence and my Daughter Anne McConnell. Given Under my hand this 27th of January 1784 Jeane McConnell her x mark seal attest: Levi Lockhart James McConnell.
- Virginia Grant: unto John Finnie and Levi Lockhart, 500 acres, 17 November 1784. County of Greenbrier joining land of Archer Mathew and John Arbuckle on the first large creek emptying into Great Kenhawa below the mouth of Elk about four miles distant from the river...
- 1791 - Bourbon County, Kentucky, Levi Lockhart and his wife Hannah sold 144 acres of land inherited from his father, Jacob Lockhart Sr, to John Moffett.
- 1791 - Bourbon County, Kentucky Tax List - Levi Lockhart - 1 white tithable 3 horses, mares & colts
- 1792 - Bourbon County, Kentucky Tax List - Levi Lockhart - 1 white tithable above 21, 5 cattle
- 1810 Census: Mercer County, Kentucky, indexed as "Livy Lockert" 11201/21001
- 1820 Census: Jefferson Township, Pike County, Indiana 110101/11201
Levi Lockhart was at the Battle of Point Pleasant with his brother Jacob Lockhart Jr. Matthew Arbuckle was in command; Matthew supposedly married Jane Lockhart, a sister of Levi.
- See http://www.lockharts.com/2010/01/09/1715-jacob-descent/ for more information.
Help fund new features!