Facts and Events
||Leonard Franklin Coker
||14 Apr 1843
||Georgia, United Statesparents Jno Coker and Ellen Doyle
||Virginia, United StatesConfederate sevice - Co. 2 or Co. I , 13th Georgia Infantry
||28 Sep 1865
||Monroe, Walton, Georgia, United Statesto Elizabeth Sheron
||Trion, Chattooga, Georgia, United States
||4 Sep 1925
||Chickamauga, Walker, Georgia, United StatesHome of son W. F. Coker
||5 Sep 1925
||Rock Spring, Walker, Georgia, United StatesRock Spring Church
||6 Sep 1925
||Rock Spring Cemetery, Rock Spring, Walker, Georgia, United States
||8 Sep 1925
||Walker, Georgia, United States
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Walker, Georgia, United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, p. 392B, Taylor's Ridge Valley, Dw./Fam. # 693 , John Coker, Primary quality.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 L. F. Coker, in Walker, Georgia, United States. Walker County Messenger. (LaFayette, Georgia), September 11, 1925, p. 8, column 3, microfilm LaFayette, Ga., M16, Walker Co. Mess. Oct. 17, 1924 - June 10, 1927.
"L. F. Coker, aged 82 years buried at Rock Spring
Chickamauga, Ga. Sept. 8--L. F. Coker aged 82 died at the home of his son W. F. Coker at an early hour Friday morning, after a lingering illness. Besides his widow he is survived by four sons, W. F. of Chickamauga, Frank of Illinois, J W of Atlanta and Hugh of Chattanooga. He is also survived by the following daughters, Mrs. Belle Maffett, Mrs. Ora Coker and Miss Florence Coker, of Chickamauga, Mrs. W. P. Gatlin, of Griffin, Ga. and Mrs. P. L. Robinson of Atlanta. The funeral was held from the Rock Spring church Saturday afternoon and the funeral services were conducted by Rev. B. F. Hunt of Ringgold. Interment in the Rock Spring cemetery with J. L. Moore in charge."
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 L. F. Coker application, in Georgia State Archives. Confederate Pension Applications 1879-1960. (Georgia, United States: Georgia State Archives).
L. F. Coker enlisted in 1862 near Culpepper Courthouse, Virginia. His command was near Spotsylvania, Virginia in 1864. He was wounded and captured there in 1864. He was imprisoned at Fort Delaware and paroled at the end of the war.
L. F. Coker applied for a pension in 1912. J. A. Drewry, W. N. Autry and F. J. Freeman in Spalding County, Georgia, attested to his service in Virginia.
R. G. Williams and G. N. Rush both of Chattooga County, Georgia attested that the value of the personal propery of L. F. Coker was $100.
/ Georgia Virtual Vault View Image
- ↑ L. F. Coker, in Find A Grave, Find A Grave Memorial# 16779729.
Birth: Apr. 14, 1843
Death: Sep. 4, 1925
/ Find A Grave View Image
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 L. F. Coker, in Georgia State Archives. Georgia Death Certificates, 1914-1927. (Georgia, United States: Georgia State Archives), Certificate #26106.
Title Coker, L. F.
Birth Date 1843-04-14
Age at Death 82 years 4 months 20 days
City of Death Chickamauga
County of Death Walker
Date of Death 1925-09-04
Father's Name Jno Coker
Mother's Name Ellen Doyle
/ Georgia's Virtual Vault View Image