Landgravine Caroline of Hesse-Darmstadt
Facts and Events
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Caroline of Hesse-Darmstadt (2 March 1746, Buchsweiler – 18 September 1821, Homburg) was a German noblewoman. She was the eldest daughter of Louis IX, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt and his wife Caroline. She married Frederick V, Landgrave of Hesse-Homburg on 27 September 1768.
They had these following children:
- Frederick VI, Landgrave of Hesse-Homburg (1769-1829), married Princess Elizabeth of the United Kingdom(1770-1840)
- Louis William (1770-1839), married Princess Augusta of Nassau-Usingen (1778-1846), divorced in 1805
- Caroline (1771-1854), married Prince Louis Frederick II of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt (1767-1807)
- Louise Ulrike (1772-1854), married Prince Charles Günther of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt (1771-1825)
- Amalie (1774-1846), married Frederick, Hereditary Prince of Anhalt-Dessau (1769-1814)
- Auguste (1776-1871), married Frederick Louis, Hereditary Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1778-1819)
- Philip (1779-1846), married Rosalie Antonie, Countess of Naumburg, Baroness Schimmelpfennig von der Oye, née Pototschnig (1806-1845)
- Gustav (1781-1848), married Princess Louise of Anhalt-Dessau (1798-1858)
- Ferdinand (1783-1866), the last Landgrave of Hesse-Homburg
- Maria Anna (1785-1846) married Prince Wilhelm of Prussia (1783-1851)
- Leopold (1787-1813), fell in the Battle of Großgörschen
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Landgravine Caroline of Hesse-Darmstadt, in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia.
Help fund new features!