Facts and Events
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Waterloo County, Wilmot Twp, 1897, registration #025561, in Ontario, Canada. Ontario Deaths,1869-1937 and Overseas Deaths, 1939-1947. (Toronto, Ontario, Canada: Archives of Ontario).
Catherina Ringler nee Hertzberger
date of death: Mar 25 1897
age: 67 years
born: Germany, Hesse Darmstadt
cause of death: dropsy 15 years
religious denomination: Mennonite
person making return: Albert Ringler
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Mannheim Mennonite Cemetery, Waterloo County, Ontario, Canada, in Find A Grave.
Katherina Hartzberger Ringler
Birth: May 7, 1828
Death: Mar. 25, 1897
2nd wife of Albert Ringler
Inscription from photo of gravestone:
'Hier ... Katharina geb. Herzberger ehefrau von Albert Ringler gest. 25 Mar. 1897 alter 67 jahr. 10 mo. 18 tage.'
Translation: 'Here ... Katharina nee Herzberger wife of Albert Ringler died 25 Mar. 1897 aged 67 years 10 months 18 days.'
The birth date given here (7 May 1828), presumably calculated from the death date and age, is one year too early.
- ↑ Canada West, Waterloo County, Wilmot Twp, in Canada. 1861 Census of Canada. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: Library and Archives Canada).
Albert Ringler, age 35, born in Upper Canada, farmer
wife: Catharine Ringler, age 32, born in Germany
daughter: Barbara Ringler, age 8, born in Upper Canada
daughter: Catharine Ringler, age 7, born in Upper Canada
daughter: Elizabeth Ringler, age 6, born in Upper Canada
son: Samuel Ringler, age 5, born in Upper Canada
daughter, Magdalena Ringler, age 2, born in Upper Canada
all "Menists" (Mennonite)
- ↑ Canada West (Ontario): Waterloo County: Wilmot Township, in United Province of Canada. 1851 Census of Canada. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada: Library and Archives Canada), page 41.
Albert Ringler, farmer, born in Canada, Menonist, age 26
wife: Catherine Ringler, born in Germany, Lutheran, age 23
Samuel Ringler, born in Canada, age 9
Samuel is probably his brother, who is also listed with their parents and other siblings in his brother Benjamin's household.
- Eby, Ezra E. A biographical history of Waterloo township and other townships of the county ... (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1971), 2:186.
'RINGLER, ALBERT [son of John and Elizabeth (Wildfong) Ringler], was born June 2nd, 1825. He was first married to Catharine Sararas and after her decease to Catharine Hartzberger. He resides on a farm near Petersburg, Ontario. To him was born a family of seven children, namely: Barbara, Elizabeth (dead), Catharine, Samuel, Sophia (dead), Lydia, and Amanda.'
Help fund new features!