Facts and Events
There is 1 vital record available on MyHeritage for Kaspar Heinrich Thiemann, including birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Vital records are historical records that are typically recorded around the actual time of the event, which means they are likely accurate.
Vital records include information like the event date and place, and the person's occupation and residence.
Vital records also often include information about the person's relatives.
For example, birth and marriage records include names of parents and divorce records list the names of children.
See all vital records for Kaspar Heinrich Thiemann
Emigrated from The Kingdom of Hanover (perhaps near Melle or Buer in present Lower Saxony, Germany) probably in the early 1840's. Had at least 7 children.
- First name appears as Casper, Kasper, and Kaspar.
- Last name appears as Thiemann, Timann, Tiemann, and Thieman.
- Church Records: New Melle, Missouri (St. Paul Lutheran).
- ↑ Find A Grave: Kasper Thiemann
- ↑ DISCREPANCY: Tombstone gives death date as 2 Sep 1894, but church records give 12 Sep 1984 as death date and 14 Sep 1894 as burial date. Age is given as "about 72 years," which suggests they were guessing about the 1822 birth year on the tombstone. Age is given as 40 on 1860 census, which would make him a little older. Age is given as 57 on the 1880 census, which lists his birthplace as Hanover and says both his parents were born in Germany.
- There is a Caspar Heinrich Tiemann in the IGI (familysearch.com) born 31 Dec 1823 in Spenge, Westfalen, Prussia who may be the same person. The name is right, the date is about right, and Spenge is very close to Melle, where Kaspar is thought to have come from. This Caspar's parents were Johann Friedrich Eweing alias Tiemann and Anna Margaretha Ilsabein Strunck.