Facts and Events
Joshua Russell was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 335.--18th May, 1762. Andrew Russell and Florence ( ) to Joshua Russell, their son, £5, 150 acres on Christian's Creek in Beverley Manor, part of 496 acres conveyed by Beverley to Andrew. 24th September, 1741; John Henderson's line. Delivered: Joshua Russell, March, 1767.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 337.--20th November, 1780. Joshua Russell, son and heir of Andrew Russell, Sr., deceased, to Robert Russell. Teste: Samuel and James Frazer.
Records of Joshua Russell in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley's Augusta County Records:
- Page 136.--16th May, 1759. James McConall (McConnald) to Wm. McMullen (McMillin), £10, 100 acres, part of a large tract. Teste: James Leeper, Josua Russell. Delivered: Wm. McMullen, January, 1762.
- Page 672.--20th March, 1764. Thomas Paxton to James Hughes, of Staunton, £20, lot 14 in Staunton. Teste: John King, Joshua Russell, George Skillern. Delivered: Mr. Owen Owens, 4th May, 1787.
- Page 515.--23d May, 1772. Adam Thompson's estate settled--Paid John Kitchey, Wm. Macwill. Joshua Russell, Dr.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County, Virginia - 1786--November 15, James Brown and Martha Russell, daughter Joshua Russell.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County, Virginia - 1798--March 29, Wm. Brooks and Adam Russell, surety. Wm. Brooks and Florence Russell, daughter of Joshua Russell, deceased, sister of Adam Russell.