Facts and Events
Civil War Service
- Sergeant, Company D, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 11 August 1862
- Promoted to 1st Lieutenant, 1st U.S. Colored Heavy Artillery 12 October 1864
- Mustered out from 1st USCHA 31 March 1866
- Application 499621; Certificate 397945
- Widow's Pension: Application 407373, Certificate 268653
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).