Facts and Events
||Dr. Joseph Miner
||25 Aug 1644
||Hingham, Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
||23 Oct 1668
||New London, New London, Connecticut, United StatesRecorded at Stonington.
to Mary Avery
||7 Dec 1709
||Stonington, New London, Connecticut, United Statesto Bridget Chesebrough
||1 Feb 1711/12
||Stonington, New London, Connecticut, United States
||Old Taugwonk Cemetery, Stonington, New London, Connecticut, United States
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Thomas Minor, in Anderson, Robert Charles. The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England, 1620-1633. (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1995), 2:1264.
Joseph Minor, bp. Hingham 25 August 1644 [NEHGR 121:17].
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Avery, Elroy McKendree. The Groton Avery clan. (Cleveland: unknown, 1912), 1:102.
(Joseph Minor) lived at Stonington; was a farmer and physician; freeman, 1669; deputy to the general court 1696, 1706; selectman, 1694-98, 1704, 1709, 1710. He served in the King Philip war and for his services received arable land and cedar swamp in Voluntown. … Joseph Minor and his wife, Marie, were admitted to the church at Stonington, April 11, 1675. She died February 2, 1708, at Stonington. December 7, 1709, he married Bridget Chesebrough, widow of William Thompson. … Joseph Minor died February 1, 1711-2 at Stonington. He was buried beside his wife, Marie, at Taugwonk.
- ↑ Joseph Minor, in Find A Grave.
- Descendants of Joseph MINER, in The Thomas Minor Society Website.
1. Joseph MINER-397 was born on 25 Aug 1644 in Hingham, Plymouth, Massachusetts. He was christened on 25 Aug 1644 in Hingham, New Plymouth col, Massachusetts. He died on 1 Feb 1712 in Stonington, New London, Connecticut. He was buried on 3 Feb 1712 in Taugwonk, Iraq, New London, CT.
Joseph married (MRIN:31518) Mary (Marie) AVERY-8791 on 23 Oct 1668 in Stonington, New London, Connecticut. Mary was born on 19 Feb 1648 in Gloucester, Essex, Massachusetts. She died on 2 Feb 1708 in Stonington, New London, Connecticut.
They had the following children.
+ 2 M i Joseph MINOR-5395 was born on 19 Sep 1669. He died on 8 Feb 1739/1740.
+ 3 F ii Marie MINOR-12364 was born on 6 Oct 1671. She died on 29 Nov 1704.
+ 4 F iii Mercy MINOR-12365 was born on 21 Aug 1673. She died on 6 Sep 1751.
+ 5 M iv Benjamin MINER-8792 was christened on 25 Jun 1676. He died on 28 Feb 1711.
+ 6 F v Sarah MINOR-12366 was christened on 30 Mar 1679. She died on 24 Nov 1753.
+ 7 F vi Joanna MINOR-12367 was born on 13 Dec 1680. She died on 15 Jan 1726.
+ 8 M vii Christopher MINOR-12368 was born on 28 Dec 1683. He died on 11 Dec 1707.
+ 9 F viii Prudence MINER-10197 was born on 6 May 1686. She died on 17 May 1726.
Joseph also married ( 2:MRIN:31524) Bridget CHESEBROUGH-12363 on 7 Dec 1709 in Stonington, New London, Connecticut. Bridget was born on 15 Mar 1669 in Stonington, New London, Connecticut. She died on 24 Nov 1758 in Stonington, New London, Connecticut.
They had the following children.
+ 10 F ix Bridget MINOR-12374 was born on 31 Jan 1711. She died on 23 Apr 1766.
11 M x Joseph MINOR-12389 was christened on 19 Jul 1712 in Stonington, New London, Connecticut. He died on 8 Feb 1740 in Stonington, New London, Connecticut. He was buried in Taugwonk, Stonington, New London, Connecticut.
12 M xi Christopher MINOR-12390 was born about 1714 in New London, Connecticut. He was buried in Stonington, New London, Connecticut, United States.
- Joseph Denison, in White, Elizabeth Pearson. John Howland of the Mayflower: The First Five Generations. (Rockland, Maine: Picton Press, 1990-2008), 1:114.
- ↑ This death is not recorded in the published Stonington vital records.
- Descendants of Thomas Miner (Joseph's father) may be eligible to join The Thomas Minor Society, http://tmsociety.org/