Facts and Events
Joseph McDonald was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 483.--9th October, 1754. Erick Bright to Joseph McDonald, £45, 207 acres by deed from Col. Patton, 20th March, 1753, on North Fork of Goose Creek; corner George Pearis; corner Elijah Isaac. Signed Earick Bright.
- Joseph McDonald received land from George Robinson prior to 10 April 1761, as listed in the record below:
- Page 221.--Privy examination of Martha, wife of George Robinson, deed to Joseph McDonald, taken 10th April (prob. 1761).
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 215.--8th February, 1763. Joseph McDonald and Elisabeth to William Preston, £180, 142 acres on Tinker's Creek; line Geo. Robinson's land; line of land of heirs of Edward McDonald; corner land said Preston now dwells on; Capt. Robinson's line. Teste: Samuel McKnab. Delivered: William Preston, December, 1763.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 35.--13th November, 1759. John Cloyd's appraisement, by Edward, Joseph and Bryan McDonald.
- Page 195.--18th November, 1762. Pharaoh Ryley's appraisement, by Geo. Robinson, Joseph McDonald, Bryan McDonald, Joshua McCormick. Recorded.
- Page 78 - Robert Ritchie, 25 acres, North Fork of Roanoke River. Adjoining Robert McGee, Joseph McDonald, John Heaven. November 6, 1767. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 29-30].
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 International Genealogical Index. (LDS Church, 1999-2005).