d.15 AUG 1839
Facts and Events
Joseph Lusk was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Revolutionary War Pension Information
Information from “Virginia/West Virginia Genealogical Data from Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty Land Warrant Records”, Vol. 3, compiled by Patrick G. Wardell, Lt. Col. U.S. Army Ret. :
- Lusk, Joseph - born 3/15/1753 in Augusta County, Virginia; entered service 1776 resided at Sycamore Shoals on Watauga River in North Carolina; entered service 1777 in Washington County, Virginia; moved after Revolutionary War to Tennessee, thence to Buncombe County, North Carolina, thence to McMinn County, Tennessee, where granted Pension in 1832 when resided there abt. 13 years; died 8/15/1839 survived by son Joseph Jr.; query letter in file in 1934 from great grandson Charles S. Lusk of Elkins, Minnesota, states soldier's son Joseph Jr. & soldier's son William (grandfather of querier) both were War of 1812 soldiers, further querier was son of Samuel A.J. Lusk. F-S4581, R1602.
- 32. Joseph I.4 Lusk (William3, William2, William1) was born March 15, 1753 in Augusta Co. Va., and died August 15, 1839 in Cleveland, Bradley Co ., TN. He married Catherine Glance.
- Notes for Joseph I. Lusk:
- NC US Pension S 4581
- Joseph Lusk, b. Augusta Co., VA 15 Mar. 1753. Lived in Virginia during Revolution War. Enrolled Sycamore Shoals, Watauga River, NC under Lient. George Hart.
- Leaves From the Family Tree--Lusk by Penelope Johnson Allen 1982
- (Southern Historical Press Easley, South Caroline)
- Joseph Lusk I was one of the Watauga settlers and his name appears on the petition to North Carolina asking for protection against the raids of the Indians upon their settlements. He was among the patriots who marched against Ferguson in 1780 and fought in the decisive Battle of King's Mountain. Shortly after the close of the Revolution he moved to western North Carolina and settled near the present site of Asheville. Late in life he went to live at the home of his son Joseph Lusk II in Bradley county, Tennessee where he died August 15, 1839.
- Children of Joseph Lusk and Catherine Glance are:
- 52 i. Samuel Isaac5 Lusk, born 1778 in Green Co. State of Franklin, (S.C.).
- 53 ii. William Lusk, born July 03, 1781; died July 16, 1868 in Temple,Milam Co. TX.
- 54 iii. Joseph Lusk, born May 27, 1790; died February 03, 1873 in Bradley County, Tennessee.:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Brøderbund Software, Inc. World Family Tree Vol. 15, Ed. 1. (Release date: November 20, 1997), Tree #1999.
Date of Import: Aug 7, 1998
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 .
Brøderbund WFT Vol. 1, Ed. 1, Tree #3304, Date of Import: Sep 13, 1996
Help fund new features!