- H. Joseph Little1734 - bef 1787
- W. Mary Porter1736 - 1814
m. 19 April 1785
Facts and Events
There are 2 vital records available on MyHeritage for Joseph Little, including birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Vital records are historical records that are typically recorded around the actual time of the event, which means they are likely accurate.
Vital records include information like the event date and place, and the person's occupation and residence.
Vital records also often include information about the person's relatives.
For example, birth and marriage records include names of parents and divorce records list the names of children.
See all vital records for Joseph Little
Joseph Little was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
From Augusta County Land Records:
- Book 20, Page 331, 1774 - To Joseph Little, 380 acres - part of 92,100 acres granted to Benjamin Bordin by patent on James River - adjoining the lands of James McKee and Wm. McClung - beginning on John Allison's line. Signed - Archibald Alexander and Magdalene Bowyer. Witnesses: Robert Kinkead, John Allison, Samuel Lyle. [The descendants of John Little of Botetourt and Rockbridge Counties, Virginia, pg. 2]
- LITTLE, JOSEPH
- Rockbridge Co., Va. Will filed Feb. 6, 1787.
- wife Mary
- s. Joseph Littel
- bro. David Littel
- d. Margaret Littel
- d. Elizabeth
- her husband Robert
- her son Robert
- her son James
- sister Elizabeth in Ireland
- sister Margaret in Ireland
- Virginia, Marriages, 1660-1800
- Name: Joseph Little
- Spouse: Mary Mackey
- Marriage Date: 19 Apr 1785
- Marriage Location: Rockbridge County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Mackey vs. Mackey--O. S. 296; N. S. 106--Will of Mary Mackey, alias Little, dated 3d September, 1810. Aged and infirm. Sons, Henry Mackey, William Mackey; daughter, Mary Willson, and her children; daughters, Esther Walkup and Betsy Bailey, and husband Wm.; granddaughter, Phoebe Elliott; granddaughter. Nancy McCorkle; granddaughters, Polly Hamilton and Polly Davis; grandchildren, James Wilson, Graham and Polly Mackey Walkup; granddaughters, Easter Porter and Elizabeth Taylor; two daughters-in-law; legatee, Saml. McCorkle Mackey; legatee, Polly Bailey; legatee, Wm. McCorkle; daughter Jean's sons, viz: John, Alexander, Henry and Abner. Executors, Henry Mackey and Arthur Walkup. Recorded in Rockbridge, 31st January, 1814. (Note: Joseph Little married Mary Porter, widow of John Mackey, who died 1773 in Rockbridge County, Virginia. It is unlikely that they had any children together).