Facts and Events
Civil War Service
- 1st Sergeant, Company B, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 14 July 1863
- Appointed Corporal 12 August 1863
- Appointed Sergeant 1 May 1864
- Appointed 1st Sergeant 1 March 1865
- Mustered out 25 July 1865
- Application 1075821; Certificate 942739
- Widow's Pension: Application 1043771, Certificate 792107
- Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Ohio, United States. Death Certificate. (Ohio, United States), cert. 17971 (1915).