Facts and Events
Civil War Service
- Private, Company D and Company H, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 18 June 1863 (Company H)
- Arrested 11 August 1863 2
- "Returned 11 August 1863 to Co. B, 22nd OVI where he previously enlisted"
- Also served in Companies B and D, 22nd Ohio Infantry; Company M, 11th Missouri Cavalry; and Company B, 13th Missouri Infantry 2
- Application 1247977, no certificate number listed (an indication that the application was not approved)
- Widow's Pension: Application: none listed
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- ↑ United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ Listed in pension index as Campbell, Joseph, alias Joseph Gillespie