Facts and Events
||bef. abt. 1760
Joseph Anderson was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of Joseph Anderson in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Delinquents returned by R. Stuart, Deputy Sheriff, for the year 1779: Joseph Anderson (2 tithables), gone to James River. (Note: possibly this Joseph Anderson, more research necessary).
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1786--March 10, James Shields and Rachel Anderson, daughter of Joseph Anderson; surety, Wm. Black; witness, Wm. Shields.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta County - 1790--November 8, Samuel Torbet and Geny Anderson, daughter of Joseph Anderson (consent); witnesses, John Anderson, James Shields, surety, Hugh Torbet.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH, 1800. - John Loftus vs. Joseph Anderson and Daniel Chestnut.--20th September, 1799. No inhabitants.
- Vol. 2 - Riely vs. Ball--O. S. 14; N. S. 5--From Frederick. Cornelius Anderson deposes in Winchester, 14th March, 1801, that he is fifty-two (52) years old. Joseph Anderson, ditto, about fifty-five. Edward Ball, ditto, aged 30, is son of Jasper Ball. (Note: possibly this Joseph Anderson, the Joseph Anderson in this record would have been born abt. 1746).
Help fund new features!