Facts and Events
John Yeager was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - APRIL, 1793 (H to Y). - John Yegar vs. Abraham Evans--A. and B., 1791. Writ to Bath, 4th June, 1791.
Information on John Yeager
- John YEAGER, Sr., born 5 October 1762, near Lancaster Co., Penna., died 7 Jan 1833, Pocahantas Co., Virginia, married, ca.1784, at Crabbottom, Virginia to Phoebe Anastasia HULL, born 15 April 1768, daughter of Peter Thomas and Susanna (DIEFFENBACH) HULL.
- They had children:
- Jacob YEAGER (1790-1861), m.1812, Sarah Ann HEDY;
- Sara Ann (1793-1882), m. (1st) Ferdinand STALNAKER;
- Elizabeth YEAGER married, 23 May 1816, Jacob BIRD, son of Jacob;
- Andrew YEAGER (1800-1861) married Elizabeth DILLEY;
- Phoebe Hull YEAGER married Samuel BRADY;
- Susanna YEAGER, m.1828, Moses ARBOGAST;
- Rachel YEAGER (1808-1872), m.1833, Henry HARPER;
- Mary "Polly" YEAGER, m.1828, George M. MAY.
- [Source: http://www.vagenweb.org/bath/bird-4.htm]