Facts and Events
John Wall was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- Page 11.--18th February. 1761. Nicholas Salles' (Solley) bond (with George Skilleron) as administrator of Jno. Wall.
- Page 81.--20th August, 1761. John Wall's appraisement, by James Hamilton, Jno. Hamilton, Geo. Martin. Recorded.
- Page 428.--16th October, 1765. George Skileron's bond (with John Madison) as guardian (appointed) to John Wall, orphan of John Wall.
- Vol. 1 - OCTOBER 16, 1765. - (15) George Skillern appointed guardian to John Wall, infant orphan of ---- Wall, deceased.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 447.--6th December, 1753. Sale bill of Nicholas Trout's estate to, viz: Jno. Love, Jno. Hales, Patrick Wilson, Jno. Walles, Valentine Pence, Wm. Logan, Gasper Faught, Jacob Sink, Andw. Faught, Evan Evans, Pat. Kinney, widow Trout, Nicholas Millberry, Thos. Crawford, Geo. Trout, Jno. Craig. Setttlement of above estate by Geo. Trout, administrator, recorded 21st May, 1766--Cash paid for liquor at the vendue, 5 gallons at 3/; cash paid for liquor at a grubbing frolick, 6 quarts at 9 per quart, 0.5.6.; cash paid for 6 quarts liquor at the funeral, £0.4.6.; paid Teter Couts, Bernard Man. Contra--Received from John Capebritton.
- Vol. 1 - (106) Margaret Sollas petitions that her husband, Nicholas Sollas, bound out their son, James Sollas, aged 13 years, to Henry Hall and ran away.-- James could be better educated if bound to Adam Wall (a son of Margaret by another husband) with whom Margaret now lives-- ordered. (Note: the "other husband" mentioned was John Wall, Margaret's first husband).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 .
Adam Wall's other brother was John, born about 1725. His name was not on the passenger list, because it was not necessary to list children under the age of 16 and they didn’t list women at all. John Wall died at a fairly young adult age about 1760, and his widow, Margaret, remarried Nicholas Sollas, who was the administrator of her late husband's estate. John and Margaret Wall had two children: 1. Adam, who is designated as Adam II to separate him from his uncle, Adam I, and 2. John. Nicholas Sollas and Margaret Wall had one child: James Sollas, the spelling of which became Sallust. We don't know Margaret's maiden name.