Facts and Events
Johann (John) Reiff was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records of John Reiff in Augusta County, VA
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bonds in Augusta County, VA - 1795--January 31, Andrew Crist and John Reif (German), surety. Andrew Crist and Barbara Reif, daughter of John Rief.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bonds in Augusta County, VA - 1801--April 14, Jonathan Shurley and John Rieff, surety. Jonathan Shirley and Nancy Reiff, daughter of said John Reiff. Signed, Johann Reiff (German).
Information on John Reiff
From Early Families of York County, Pennsylvania, Volume 1, By Keith A. Dull, pg. xviii:
- Anna Treiber
- Anna married John Reiff/Rife. He died in Rockingham County, Virginia in April, 1824. They had the following children:
- 1. Mary, born about 1772, and married Abraham Crumpacker in Rockingham County on December 25, 1792.
- 2. Barbara, born in 1775, married Andrew Crist, and died in Timberville on October 4, 1843.
- 3. Jacob, born on July 15, 1781, married Mary Crist in Rockingham County on March 8, 1807, and died in Timberville on April 26, 1832. Mary was born in 1782.
- 4. John, born about 1783, and married Frances Crist in Augusta County, Virginia on February 28, 1803.
- 5. Sarah, born about 1785.
- 6. Elizabeth, born about 1787.
- 7. Magdalene, born about 1789.
- 8. Daniel, born on August 15, 1795, married Elizabeth Ann (?), and died in Shenandoah County, Virginia on October 27, 1864.
- Dull, Keith A. Early families of York County, Pennsylvania. (Westminster, Maryland: Family Line Publications, 1995), Vol. 1, pg. xviii.
Help fund new features!