26. ii. John PRESTON, born May 24, 1764 in Greenfield Plantation, Botetourt Co., VA; married Mary Radford; married Eliza Ann Carrington. ...
26. John PRESTON (William2, John1) was born on May 24, 1764 in Greenfield Plantation, Botetourt Co., VA. He married Mary Radford on June 11, 1798. He married Eliza Ann Carrington on March 30, 1811. He died on March 27, 1827 in Greenfield, Fincastle, VA, at age 62.
John was a member of the Virginia Senate between 1792 and 1799.
Mary RADFORD, daughter of William and Rebecca (Winston) Radford, was born circa 1765. She died on March 26, 1810.
Children of John Preston and Mary Radford were as follows:
111. i. William Radford Washington PRESTON was born on June 8, 1799. He married Elizabeth A. Cabell on December 23, 1819 in Lynchburg, VA. He died in 1846 in St. Charles Co., MO.
William lived on July 15, 1824 in Botetourt Co., VA when his father conveyed to him 760 acres of the "Greenfield" estate along with 8 slaves. He lived in 1837 in St. Charles Co., MO.
112. ii. John Breckinridge PRESTON was born circa 1800. He married Susan F. Jordan in February 1825 in Barren Co., KY. He died in 1833 in Barren Co., KY.
+ 113. iii. Elizabeth Madison PRESTON, born circa 1803; married Charles Clement Johnston.
114. iv. Susanna Smith PRESTON, born circa 1805 in Montgomery Co., VA; married William Moseley Radford.
115. v. Sarah Radford PRESTON was born on August 11, 1806. She married Henry Morton Bowyer in September, 1827 in Botetourt Co., VA. She died on May 17, 1848 at age 41.
Eliza Ann CARRINGTON, daughter of George and Margaret (Bernard) Carrington, and the widow of George Mayo of Cumberland Co., VA, was born in 1768. She died in 1839.
Children of John Preston and Eliza Ann Carrington were:
116. i. Edward Carrington PRESTON was born in 1812. He died on October 15, 1836 in Opelousas, LA.